Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tci control unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tci control unit

Hey guys i just got my tci trans control unit today and need to know if any of you guys have experience with this setup i dont know how to set this thing up for the strip when i should have it upshift and down and when to set the tc to lock up any help thanks
Old 05-05-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

If its the same one I used, it is JUNK. One thing after another. I never did get it to work. After numerous phone calls to TCI, the final draw was when they told me that I needed windows 95 on my computer for the program to work. I said **** it, and threw it in the trash. Took the 4l60 out, and built a 700 to go in the car.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would hope it works for you. TCI has sold a few of these things, and I've never heard of one completely failing.

I'm not familiar with the TCI controller. I would think if you have a power curve from your car, then you can figure out pretty easily when you would like it to shift. As far as upshifts for the strip, a drag strip software simulation package, like the one from Comp Cams, would help you optimize the points very easily. Again, though, you need a power curve. Basically, just set the upshift and downshift points where you think they should go, and drive the car. Make changes to the tuning based on how it drives until you are happy with it. Clutch lockup can be more difficult, so I would put some research into that.

A good baseline may be to download some of the tuning software, like EFI-Live, and go through some of the calibrations that people have posted. This would be a good place to start because these guys have their cars running on those settings.

Good luck.