Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

truck with 80-e problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 03:21 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default truck with 80-e problem

since we got the truck its been in to have problem fixed like 5 times...it hard shifts on the 1-2 if your on it kinda in first (say 3500-4000) then the 1-2 shift happens hard enough to break the damn trick into pieces...(never been fixed...but isnt consistant doesnt do it always)

now when we pull our trailor it shimmys from 0-5 mph if your at anything over 10% throttle id say...

also when pulling the trailor when it shifts to 4th then the converter starts to lock up it sometimes shimmys there....

what causes the shimmy in 1st? and when the clutch locks up?

trannys got about 80k on it now...trailor is a 35ft camping type trailor...truck is a 6.0 2000....and the damn dipstick is stuck in the friggin tube? is there anything it can get stuck on at all?
Old 05-26-2008, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to have it scanned to check for codes . What you are feeling when it goes into lockup is most likely torque converter shutter . The harsh 1-2 upshift can be caused by the converter problem as well . The computer will increase line pressure to try to save the transmission . The pressure will usually reset to factory specs after a key cycle !! I see you are in Garland , Ace Transmission in North Richland Hills can check that out at no cost and make a recomendation to you. Give us a call on Tuesday .
John 817-605-3151
Old 05-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well its got no codes...ive checked and no light ever comes on...ive got a pressure gauge...ect...anything i can do? i heard they sometimes have lockup clutch wear out...and it might be our problem..my dad drives it and he doesnt use the cruise...so hell cruise along on the gas then let off and the converter unlocks then hell ease back into it and converter relocks...and hell do this on every hill..and i cant seem to teash the old dog to stop...anyways pm me if needed....if you think that could be the problem i might have the converter rebuilt or something...lmk
Old 05-26-2008, 08:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Daniel give me a call at the shop tomorrow... we'll kick it around with you.

g

Quick Reply: truck with 80-e problem