Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny sponsors please help 4L60E rev. prob.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny sponsors please help 4L60E rev. prob.

So i just got the my car back after getting new 3-4 clutch pack, rear 5-pinion planet, and new seals because I had a problem with reverse and eventually it took out the z pak. Had new items listed installed, and "rebuilt" somewhat after thinking that it was a bad seal (which there was on the input drum) and after 75 miles of driving, the problem came back. Reverse pulls if I rev it real high and I noticed that upon downshifts like when coming to a stop, it clunks harder than normal. I am very upset and tired of this!
What is wrong with it? Could it be the yank stall? Its only caused me trouble since I put it in. Oh, I also noticed that my car now goes forward in neutral...slightly..PLease help. Thanks
Old 06-14-2008, 11:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The slight pull forward in neutral is normal. The converter cannot cause a no reverse situation , Sounds like you fixed the damaged parts but didn't find the cause, Reverse is the reverse input clutch set on and the low/reverse clutch applied, Those are the places you will need to look but sounds like its coming out again

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Launching!

thanks..I just read about it in the GM manual...hopefully I'll get it taken care of, but Id like to know what is causing it... the neutral moving forward thing is weird and its never done that before... Could it be the pump? its like it looses line pressure...have you ever seen this before?
Old 06-15-2008, 01:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackZ28629
the neutral moving forward thing is weird and its never done that before
Probably the forward clutches set on the tight side, which is ok to a point because they're always on in all forward gears. They just might get a little hot running in park, neutral, and reverse. It might try to fight reverse depending on how much it moves in neutral.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Fixed!`` I cant believe what it was... the seal on the input drum kept getting cut because the trans parts place gave me the wrong input drum..4L65E instead of 4L60E..they are different and will not work on our cars..they said it would, but it didn't. Hopefully no more trouble for a while!