Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring question???? please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:33 PM
11 Second Club

Location: where ever i can store my car. (palos hills,il for now)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring question???? please help

ok someone in here has to have a cheeta shifter. i think this question pertains to probally any aftermark shifter but that is what i got.

i removed the srs control unit, what wires can i get rid up under by the shifter. i know that there is a neutral safty switch. how do you hook that up, there is a switch on the shifter that has two wires do i just connect on to each of the wires on the harness. i would like to keep the acc sockets there so i am going to leave the wires for that, my main question is can i just cut all the wires that are not for the shifter and acc sockets?

thanks
cliff
Old 06-26-2008, 01:03 AM
11 Second Club

I'm in the same boat. Haven't tested any of the wires yet. Just need to know which wires in the factory harness are for neutral safety switch and which is for the backup light switch. I'll prolly try to just use tap splice connectors and just leave everything where it is.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:34 AM
11 Second Club

Location: where ever i can store my car. (palos hills,il for now)

here is some help for the wires you are looking for Wiring
You can wire in your factory shifter wiring to your aftermarket shifter if it comes with options to do so. If not you will need to do the following-

A4 cars, connect these wires together
purple + dark green = neutral safety switch, must be done to start vehicle

orange w/ black stripe + black wire = hatch release to work.

If you use the OEM park/neutral safety wires (connect together purple and dark green) and the reverse wires (connect together brown and light green), the computer will know the trans is in a drive gear.

The brown and light green wires should NOT be wired directly together. Doing so will cause your reverse lights to stay on at all times. You can run them threw a momentary switch or just leave them apart like i did.

M6 cars-
For M6 cars you splice into the lower clutch sensor wires. There is a plug that goes into the sensor at the bottom of the clutch pedal.
The wires are black with a white wire. You can simply splice into those two wires and run them to your new Park / Neutral switch on your shifter. Or just wire them together.

this cam out of the sticky in the trans section there is more if you want to look