Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dam lockup!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dam lockup!!!

well i am still having an issue with my converter randomly not locking up. I thought it wa somehow maf related since i disabled my maf for tuning purposes it was working perfect till yesterday.got on the highway for maybe 5 mins everything was fine then i felt it unlock for no reason and didnt lockup the whole way home. could this maybe be a bad convertor? Also when it does this it seems like its in neutral when off the gas?!? I dont recall ever having a problem with my stocker..this one is a yank3400. Any body ever have this happen?
Old 08-14-2008, 04:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Have you done any tuning for engine misfire may people have found that random misfire detection is the cause of this situation and raising the detection thresholds fixes it. The trick is to figure out is lockup being turned off by the PCM or is it happening regardless of the PCM a simple test to tell is to use a 12 volt LED not a light bulb from radio shack and tap into the tan wire with the black stripe at the trans harness and then hook the POS side of it to 12v fuse panel then when the PCM commands lockup on the LED will light up and of course go off when the PCM turns lockup off. If the lights on but you dont have Lockup its a trans converter issue but if lockup only goes off when theres no lockup then its tuning/ PCM issue .
Hope this helps

Call 888-744-6542

Last edited by performabuilt; 08-14-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh thank you so much..that definitely sounds like a great method for deciding which is the culprit. ok so is there a constant or something on tuner cat that i can adjust? i am about to start looking around for it but figured i would ask first.