Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLP Level 4 doing strange things! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLP Level 4 doing strange things! HELP!

So I have an 01 C5 with an FLP Level 4 and a 3200 Vig and it has a few interesting things. The first is the converter lockup is incredibly random some times it will lock up even with the shifter in 3 and others in D it won't lock up for a really long time.

The other thing is the other day for some reason I went to shift it down to 2nd and it just freewheeled. I then went down to first and it was almost liked it tried to but then just freewheeled. If I go WOT then it will downshift fine for a little while and then go back to being funny.

Any ideas?
Old 08-25-2008, 07:36 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How old is this unit? Being that you have posted it is a FLP not a FLT, then it might be time to have it refreshed. The first thing to do is to check your computer for codes and also make sure that the trans is full of oil. On C5's the fluid level is very important. This could be your issue. Feel free to give us a call if we can be of service to you. Vince
Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's 4 or 5 years old, if I remember correctly. But the tranny has less than 20k on it and most of its life no nitrous passes or drag strips.