Sponsored by:

Practice what you Preach

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Practice what you Preach

I have to remind you all to follow your brain. I didn't
Case in point: I am always commending Vince and FLT as he helped me beyond belief in a near overnight situation. There was no time to wait and he sent the hard parts and was willing to discus the assembly with us. While not the norm, because of this, I made an event I really wanted to.
That was 2 years ago, and that 4l60e lasted most of a season of abuse with a twin turbo running over 650 to the wheels (my same guy had previously assembled several in the past that lasted only weeks) but with Vinces help and parts, it made the difference.
When it did blow I realized it was a time for a 4l80, and even though I had a great expierence with FLT, I decided to go more "local" to Level Ten. They promised the world... 800+ hp 4l60, NO PROBLEM... its all in the tuning anyway i was told.
I wont get into yet, but lest say their "very expensive" tranny lasted on 600 miles with no track runs...and the "warranty" unit I got back a few weeks later made it to the track...(25 miles) , through the burnout and about to the 330 ft mark.
Heres the video for kicks (ET wasn't mine, clok was off, it was a no time run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py2CV4kN1GU
The point is this, I fell prey to massive promises, rather than brutal honesty that comes from Vince with regards to poweer levels and differences between cars and drivers.
Level Ten had never heard of EFI Live... scary.

Next time Vince, I am coming back.

On that note: are there any 4l80 conversion "Kits" I can buy, soup to nuts. After all, that was the point of the thread.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

what part was failing in the 4l80e? sprag? and what year was the trans-they made lots of improvements thru the years
im curious because i want to use an od trans in place of my 400, and have a 4l80e i was going to build this winter
Old 09-23-2008, 08:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

it says he went with a 4l60e from level 10 not and 80e

Call 888-744-6542

Old 09-25-2008, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear your grief.... Sorry bud
Old 09-25-2008, 06:35 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the props here. I do appreciate it. Sorry to hear that you went a different direction but I guess that is how life lessons are learned. Usually the hard way. IIRC originally you wanted me to build a complete unit for you however with my busy schedule there was no possible way to do it. When the unit broke with parts from FLT, you should have gave me a call and maybe I could have gone through it for you. Not a problem but do keep us in mind in the future. We will be here when you are ready. Vince
Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Vince, I did call you and you made an extremely generous offer to take the unit and clean it up and repair... I packed it in a crate last spring..it still sits in that crate in the garage. I made a last minute decision to go with a strong referral (LevelTen Junk) and a promise of 3 days, full race warranty and all the usual crap guys my age don't fall for. I'd be happy to send it to you for a looksie and repair if your willing to take it!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sevanseriesta
sorry to hear your grief.... Sorry bud

Thanks man, onto better.