Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide on a 350

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me decide on a 350

I have been doing my research for months now and trying to find a good reputable company to buy a 350 from on a budget that will hold the power I want to throw at it. I have looked at Rossler, ATI, TCI, Coan, and a few others. I don't know which one to pick since all of them promise the same thing but at slightly different prices. I am now in a pickle.....I have 2 weeks before one of the largest car shows in the south and my clutch took a **** on me. There are big swingers coming in from 4 states wanting to race and I can't barely pull away from a light.

I need advice from the guys here who have swapped out to the 350's. I have a stock LS1 bottom end and will eventually put a set of ported heads on it. It has a T-Rex cam, full bolt ons, full suspension, and a 9" with 4.56 gears (which may have to go). I was thinking about a trans brake but there are guys down here who prefer to just foot brake it instead.

What do you suggest I go with and with what gear with 28" tall tires?
Old 09-28-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to foot brake it, it will typically only hold you until you are about 600-800rpm less than rated stall. So a 4000rpm stall might make it to 3200-3400 before you started pushing the front end.