Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

700R4 Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700R4 Help!!

I have a 1992 Camaro RS with a built 350, and has the Edelbrock Direct Flo Fuel Injection Set-up, has the OD Transmission.

I havn't had a problem with the car ALL summer it ran and shifted PERFECTLY!! now it's a bit colder out due to the dreadful winter coming (still plus 15c or more outside). I'm having an issue with the shifting of my transmission, I usually leave it in overdrive and let it shift itself, and it normally doesnt have a problem but these past couple of nights ive been out in it and when coming to a stop then taking off under normal acceleration it acts like it has a BIG stall and takes awhile for it to get through the gears and when it does shift into the gears it's a HARD shift!, The Transmission does have a shift kit and that's it, no crazy converter! it will do this for a few blocks then go back to normal on it's own but it rarely ever does it!

I took it to a transmission shop here and they checked the fluid (i.e Smelt it and checked the level of it) they did not change the fluid or filter. They said everything was fine, it smelt good and was clean! we went for a ride in it and it shifted excellent like it normally does, and the lock up button that was made for it worked like a charm as well!

What could it be??? I'd really like to know because if it's something easy I'd rather do it now then fork out some coin for a rebuild

it doesn't do it all the time just every now and then and goes back to normal!! just it revs around 3500 1st to second and then probably around 3500 second to third, definately not right! someone help!!

P,S i know the automatic section isn't for 700R4's but the thirdgen site isn't very helpful.. and if someone knows what it could be that would be great!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

You likely have a sticking THROTTLE VALVE or its becoming hydro statically stuck due to inadequate exhaust. Most likely its getting stuck. You will need to remove the valve body and inspect the valve

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Just curious as to how it becomes inadequatly stuck due to exhaust?

Last edited by KevsLS1; 10-07-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

No when I say exhaust I mean the exhaust hole for the valve in the valve body, Not the cars exhaust. And to answer your PM yes you can remove and inspect or repair valve body with trans in car however it is not something I suggest if you don't already know that, you should attempt yourself. I would take it to a professional for that task.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Thanks!! I'm gonna get the car checked out this weekend, I'll let you know the final verdict!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Teching In

maybe its also a stuck line valve