Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Paul Zazarine Memorial Tribute

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paul Zazarine Memorial Tribute

As many of you may have heard Legendary Automotive Author Paul Zazarine passed away.

Paul Zazarine
5/28/1952 – 1/3/2011
Memorial Tribute:

A celebration of Paul’s life

Writer, Editor for Robert Bently Publishing. Former Vice President/Group Publisher, Dobbs Publishing Group.

Accomplishments: • Helping to shape the GTO and muscle car hobby and raising the standards of restoration • Co-wrote “Glory Days” with Jim Wangers • Editing Musclecar Review and launching Corvette Fever, Mopar Muscle and Chevy Truck magazines for Dobbs Publishing Group. • Being on the Board of Directors for the National Corvette Museum and playing a role in helping open the museum’s doors on Labor Day 1994

Sunday, January 16, 2011 from 6-9pm

Carl Black Dealership,
11500 East Colonial Drive
Orlando, Florida

Hosted by:
Carl Black of Orlando & Wide Track Warriors Pontiac Car Club

Special Guest:
Lexi Zazarine, Jim Wangers, Dave Anderson, & Others

Auto Enthusiast of all makes are invited to attend this very special celebration of Paul’s life. Please join the Family and Friends in this celebration.

No flowers please! The family ask that any donations be given to Paul’s favorite charity [Gold Coast Greyhound Rescue] in his honor. A donation jar will be set up at the event, thank you.

This is a Semi Formal Event - Business casual Attire is mandiatory (No jeans and T-shirts)

Please RSVP if you can, thanks
Attached Files

Last edited by warriorsfl; 01-05-2011 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Can't recall having heard of him, but then... I never paid much attention to who wrote it, rather how well...

He was NOT old! Jeeez... That's the sad part. R.I.P.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Can't recall having heard of him, but then... I never paid much attention to who wrote it, rather how well...

He was NOT old! Jeeez... That's the sad part. R.I.P.
Yea, he was very much the celebrity in the automotive publishing culture. This memorial event is as close as his friends will get to say their goodbyes since there will be no funeral. A lot of big names from the publishing/media world will be in attendance. They might not all be people you would recognize but they are the big wheels in the automotive publishing circles. Or as they say in Hollywood they are the Stars to the Stars... So, yes this Memorial Tribute is really that big a deal. People are flying in from all across the country to attend this event even though it's only a few hours long.

Yea, he was actually pretty young by todays standards so it was a shock to see him pass at such a young age.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:08 AM
10 Second Club

Oh man, I've seen him on the various TV car programs NUMEROUS times, Speed Channel etc, anything involving American Muscle cars.
Very sad.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 AM
WANNABE GENIUS

Wow! Tragic. He was one guy that real understood the performance industry from a buyers perspective. Too bad RIP
Old 01-08-2011, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll be there....
RIP ole buddy.
PZ was one of the finest automotive journalists we've seen.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Hi,'
we will be praying for the family during this difficult time. May god bless and touch each one in a special way.psalms:121.........
Jim

Quick Reply: Paul Zazarine Memorial Tribute