Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

next gen camaro to debut 2015

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firebird99
That's my point give or take a 100 pounds plus the added weight of everything else needed to make it work and you what 2
150-250 pounds depending on options that alone would bring down the weight but the you might lose some ride quality.
No. I was saying that a comparison is difficult becasue rarely du you have the same car set up with both solid and IRS. The only example we have is the Terminator Cobra's, and they were trying to graft IRS onto the SN95 structure that it was never intended for. My point was that a structure built from the ground up for one oe the other will probably have a relatively insignificant weight differential. I doubt you could just reengineer a 5th Gen to accept a solid that is 580hp/100K warranty capable, and realize a significant weight savings.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Thought this looked pretty interesting... & this is real not a photoshop

Prolly should've left that one stock. It looks like it came straight from one of the "CARS" movie sets(and it looks like a photo shop)... That "mouth" up front is terrible. Why anyone would go out of their way to accentuate an ugly spot... I don't understand.

The wheels look "all wrong" (as my gf put it). They'd probably look fine though, if not for the ridiculous suspension drop. The fender area is simply repulsive(front to rear). Finally, that massive looking(thanks too poor modification choices) front end could really use driving/fog lights to break up some of the monotony.

Quick Reply: next gen camaro to debut 2015