Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

honda most recalls for 2011

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default honda most recalls for 2011

with toyota close behind. who to blame here i wonder.

http://autos.aol.com/article/update-...alled-of-2011/
Old 04-24-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think their standards are falling so quality goes with it.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wav3form

Also read earlier today that quite a few new Porsche 911 Carrera S models were recalled as well.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ford in 3rd... I thought GM was the pos car company that makes crappy vehicles???
Old 04-25-2012, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Ford in 3rd... I thought GM was the pos car company that makes crappy vehicles???
"The new GM" may not have any recalls of pre-2010 models anymore. That's a huge help. Early this year, Ford recalled over 200,000 Freestar and Mercury Monterey mini-vans from the 2004 and 2005 model year for a brake issue, all of which were well out of warranty. I'm guessing there was about to be a stink from the NHTSA over it.

They also recalled nearly half a million Escape SUV's for a possibly leaky brake master cylinder due to a loose cap, which could ultimately lead to a fire in the most extreme case. Those models were 2001 and 2002... At 10yrs old, I'd think the manufacturer is no longer responsible, as master cylinders have been failing for decades w/o a recall, on every model driven.

The rating you're thinking of is initial quality, not 5+yr quality. They say most Americans don't keep their vehicles that long, but I haven't been able to pinpoint who "they" are and how they would really know, beyond a good guess, anyway. I've got three cars I haven't registered in at least 5yrs... Didn't sell or crash 'em, just stopped tagging(and street driving) them.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by wav3form
+1

Originally Posted by It'llrun
"The new GM" may not have any recalls of pre-2010 models anymore. That's a huge help. Early this year, Ford recalled over 200,000 Freestar and Mercury Monterey mini-vans from the 2004 and 2005 model year for a brake issue, all of which were well out of warranty. I'm guessing there was about to be a stink from the NHTSA over it.

They also recalled nearly half a million Escape SUV's for a possibly leaky brake master cylinder due to a loose cap, which could ultimately lead to a fire in the most extreme case. Those models were 2001 and 2002... At 10yrs old, I'd think the manufacturer is no longer responsible, as master cylinders have been failing for decades w/o a recall, on every model driven.

The rating you're thinking of is initial quality, not 5+yr quality. They say most Americans don't keep their vehicles that long, but I haven't been able to pinpoint who "they" are and how they would really know, beyond a good guess, anyway. I've got three cars I haven't registered in at least 5yrs... Didn't sell or crash 'em, just stopped tagging(and street driving) them.

I'm surprised GM hasn't recalled the 2010+ camaro SS for that very reason. I guess its because the owners don't take them in for it and just fix it themselves.

Quick Reply: honda most recalls for 2011