Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

least reliable vehicles for 2013.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default least reliable vehicles for 2013.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-10-l...181031192.html
Old 01-19-2014, 07:53 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow ford takes 5 / 10 I was surprised not to see the f150 ecoboost
Old 01-19-2014, 08:14 PM
***Repost Police***

Those Ford hybrids seem to be having a difficult time, for sure. As far as the others, I wonder what criteria they're using for reliability; are we talking mechanical issues, or electrical gremlins? I know that the Focus reliability in some tests is scored as "poor," because of the terrible automatic transmissions and MyFordTouch problems. Luckily the ST I'm looking at getting in a few months has neither of those things.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

You can read the criteria (link under the list and pics- but I didn't use that one).

I drove the 1.6L Escape and while it did fine, I was not impressed with the noise level. The 2L seems much more refined and maybe it's about torque or just the balance of the engine. When I floored it, the rpm's came quickly, but it seemed to rattle it's way there. The 2L doesn't have the issue in the least.

The C-MAX has people mad... It's not really about reliability, but economy. Didn't drive either, but read enough before August to know I wasn't thinking about buying one. The Energi model may have another issue. Donno.

Haven't read or heard anything bad about the Explorer Sport...

Taurus... SERIOUSLY... I just looked at this...

"Dislikes
“head rest on passenger seat is difficult to see around”
“projector head lights, bordering on dangerous at night. blind spots on sides”
“adjusting to a 6 speed transmission from a cvt.”
“would like more open room in center front console”
“leather seat quality; not equivalent to volvos or jaguars”
“minor road bump noise carried to interior due to low profile tires”
“entry to vehicle is tough for tall passengers”
“doesn't ride as nice as grand marquis”
“rims/wheels: improve them to enhance the look even more”
“i don't care for the cup holder in the door"

Wanna hear ever MORE ridiculousness? One of the "Dislikes" about the Genesis Coupe... Trunk space! This person would like to be able to fit 4(FOUR) GOLF BAGS in the trunk! C'mon... These "reliability" ratings are looking like a joke!

The Escape... 'No rear lighting control for rear passenger.' 'No handles to help rear passengers enter.' Mine has both of those things... Some of the complaints could be legit, but man...

Nothing was listed for the Cooper or the Beetle or XTS or C-MAX. At least not from the direct link.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:09 PM
***Repost Police***

Honestly I've always taken consumer reviews of all things with a grain of salt. I used to do appliance repair, and then a few years later did appliance sales at Sear's. People would come in with their Consumer Reports looking for the "Best Picks," and it would have (for example) a Kenmore washer rated higher than a Whirlpool washer. I heard more than once, "Kenmore makes the best _____." What they fail to realize is, Kenmore doesn't make ****...they pay other companies to make their products for them. So that Kenmore washer that got an "excellent" rating from the people that sent in their reviews is IDENTICAL to the Whirlpool washer that is sitting right next to it, and $20 cheaper. On a separate but related note, I have always told people this; if you are dissatisfied with something you are gonna let everybody know, if you are really happy with something you will tell a few people, and if everything is what you expect...you probably aren't gonna say much.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:34 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ yup, for every 10 complaints there are 100 satisfied people and 1 person who went out of our their way to say how happy they were.

These things are always stupid and made for people who buy cars as an appliance.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The turbo taurus... are they referring to the SHO?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

They have a rather broad definition for "reliable" when they include frustrating radio controls as a con...

Article was successful though - we're talking about it. I think that seems to be the point of the news more so than the topics anymore. Whatever it takes to get people talking.

Quick Reply: least reliable vehicles for 2013.