Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Official - 2015 Ford Mustang Specs

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never think that way... to me, general discussion of our ultra-hosed government and it's millions of dumb *** employees simply isn't political. It's the sad reality of America. Stupid people make decisions every day... but in the real world, as opposed to our government, they actually have to answer for their decisions... that's not political to me, but I know that people tend to lose track like that on websites. I was once "warned" on a forum for using the word "liberal" even though I was only talking about a way of thinking in terms of satisfaction, not a person or our government in any way... the moderator in that case is simply a dumb *** and probably works for the government!

Anyway... is what it is and our government is all over basically everything we do from the foods we eat to the vehicles and fuels we buy to the way we light our homes... not political... just overly assertive and stupid on the part of our government(which wonders why nobody respects it)... likes it's been since 1972!

Back to Mustang specs! BEST MUSTANG EVAAAR!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Originally Posted by assasinator
because a cammed GT makes the power of a ported m112. higher quality. better handling as the termi IRS is not very good.

bolt on GT outpowers bolt on termi and add a pulley the bolt on gt is 10-20 down and faster. 445 vs 480 pullied. and heat soak is terrible at 17 psi with stock heaton.

that is why. interior is more spacious. new gt is a upper bracket away from no wheel hop. termi is expensive to stop wheel hop. there is a long list why an old car is not as good.
Originally Posted by It'llrun
A: This will be new and the terminator will be old. B: There will be thousands upon thousands of these available. C: This car will handily outperform the 2003 Cobra. D: No S/C whine. E: Better economy. F: Better platform. G: You can't seriously be serious here!
Lol, well that got a strong response. Sure on a track the new GT may be faster but on the street, who's going to really notice the difference? Also, s/c whine is a positive to a lot of people. I'm willing to bet that at equal power levels the blown terminator would have more power under the curve than the n/a gt. All I'm saying is I don't really see the stats on the GT being THAT amazing.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

The stats though, include many things other than a single straight line acceleration contest. A 2003/4 Cobra simply hasn't got a chance of handling as well.

The new Mustang GT will pull better G's, blast the skid pad, stop better(way, way better)... it's got better weight bias, better economy, more power, lighter weight... it's simply a 100% more complete and better competition car AND will be smoother on the road, guaranteed. Above all that, the new Mustang will have standard features those old Cobra couldn't be ordered with if you wanted them because they didn't even exist at that time.

Hide and watch... The new Mustang GT will surprise in the handling and overall performance department.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts

I agree It'll run, I'm sure the blue oval boys have had enough of the poor handling talk when compared to the heavy pig of a 5th gen. Though I will be surprised if they come out with anything that can run with the Z/28, but we can hope!
Old 07-28-2014, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

We'll see if they offer a GT350, but there's no doubt in my mind, even the 1LE isn't going to bounce this new Mustang(at least with PP) on road courses and it will be all about the 2016 in the end. As we've been discussing for awhile, that will be a SERIOUS car if they use the ATS chassis. I actually think it will be quite good with the CTS chassis.

Bottom line: I certainly think that people of all performance stripes are going to be baffled by the 2015 GT... It has something for everyone and I think it will be the 1st new Mustang since 1964 to really appeal in many areas. I don't think they "nailed it" anywhere specific, but overall, they NAILED IT! I don't think it will be as quick, but I believe it will carry far more speed through turns and inspire driver confidence in ways the last Mustang never would, just because the letters I R and S are part of this car. Most won't even think about the 52/48 split... they'll simply assume IRS did it all...
Old 07-29-2014, 07:40 AM
TECH Regular

I would consider 3700lbs a bit heavy.
Yes, that weight is more than acceptable by today's standards, especially when you consider crash and safety standards.

I'm still bothered by a C7 Z51 coming in over 3300lbs...
I'm still living in the 90's I think.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

^ >lol: That's how it reads...
Old 07-29-2014, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well it will be interesting to see how it performs and then how the 6th Gen ends up being configured as well. Hoping GM got the lightweight memo on this one but we will see.

Both will perform no doubt. If GM can make the 6th gen lighter, I can only imagine how well it will handle given the current 5th gen models.

Biggest thing I want to see is competitive models offered at the same time (not just straight line!).
Old 07-29-2014, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

The only problem with GM giving a stupendous Camaro in terms of handling is... Corvette. They'll go out of their way to make sure the Corvette is better. Bringing the Camaro to within a couple hundred pounds won't help serve that end. Then they'll bring out the HOSS... like Z28, and charge C6 ZO6 price for it... It would be nice, sans the unneeded race car brakes, to have one like that for 45k instead of 75k. For me though, it simply MUST be changed so as to see out of the thing before I have serious interest.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

"A new intake manifold includes charge motion control valves to partially close off port flow at lower engine speeds. This increases the air charge tumble and swirl for improved air-fuel mixing, resulting in better fuel economy, improved idle stability and lower emissions."

Gee whiz.... I wonder who the genius engineer who designed that is?
Old 08-14-2014, 06:07 PM
***Repost Police***

Are they really doing IMRC again? Did they not realize how quickly that stops functioning properly with the SN95 Cobras?
Old 08-22-2014, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

all of the chev fans that are pissed about the 2011gt being a tiny bit quicker rejoice.

the next GT is a pig and will get raped by the next gen SS. ford will go back to its old ways and produce the same car every year and fall behind everything else.

they will profit and not care if it can match anything else.

Yn and Yang back in balance.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

LOL! It gained under 100 lb and now it's a pig... It's BEEN a pig! I see it running the 1/4 mile the same as current and ANNIHILATING the current model on basically any road course... the 2016 Camaro will need the upgrades. This Mustang is going to be serious aside from the drag strip and that's where I see real differences from the past 40yrs.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Banned

LOL! It gained under 100 lb and now it's a pig... It's BEEN a pig! I see it running the 1/4 mile the same as current and ANNIHILATING the current model on basically any road course... the 2016 Camaro will need the upgrades. This Mustang is going to be serious aside from the drag strip and that's where I see real differences from the past 40yrs.
You sir are delusional the new camaro is gonna be lighter and faster
Old 08-22-2014, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
The more I think about it, the more its gonna end up like the stingray; everybody says its ugly, but in the end, we get used to it and begin to like it. I do

Check this vid

2015 Ford Mustang GT In Depth Walk Around with Steve Ling Ford NA Marketing Manager @ The Petersen - YouTube
Sorry stingray is for ever UGLY !
Old 08-22-2014, 09:17 PM
Banned

Stingray looks sexy
Old 08-22-2014, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by "MAC"
You sir are delusional the new camaro is gonna be lighter and faster
Lighter and faster than what, a 2015 Camaro? As I said, the 2016 Camaro will need the upgrades...

Don't be heart-broken though, when you read that the Camaro still weighs 3,8000 plus pounds for the 2016 model SS... it's lookin' pretty likely.

Personally, I think the next Camaro will beat the next Mustang on the drag strip... and get HAMMERED elsewhere. It may not happen, but... Corvette.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Got a few pictures when we went to the new car show in atlanta.
Attached Thumbnails Official - 2015 Ford Mustang Specs-20140329_122712.jpg  
Old 08-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Banned

Lighter and faster than what, a 2015 Camaro? As I said, the 2016 Camaro will need the upgrades...

Don't be heart-broken though, when you read that the Camaro still weighs 3,8000 plus pounds for the 2016 model SS... it's lookin' pretty likely.

Personally, I think the next Camaro will beat the next Mustang on the drag strip... and get HAMMERED elsewhere. It may not happen, but... Corvette.
Of course it needs the new chassis it should have had that lighter chassis to begin with.

Quick Reply: Official - 2015 Ford Mustang Specs