Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Motor Trend is Talking Out of Their Butt Again..

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 03:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Motor Trend is Talking Out of Their Butt Again..

their new rumor is 'the ZR1 will be a mid engine monster' that looks like an MP12-4c had an illegitimate child with an Aventador.

simply too easy to pull the flag
Old 08-26-2014, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

shame though because that looks incredible
Old 08-26-2014, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Looks good don't think it will happen. Don't like the rear air diffuser
Old 08-26-2014, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If Chevy did do a ZR1 like this, it would take the Corvette to a whole new level. But honestly, GM would be better off doing a Cadillac Cien than this.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Banned

Well regardless it better absolutely destroy Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche etc..
Old 08-26-2014, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it won't happen.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would be nice, and expensive.... They do this stuff to sell magazines
Old 08-27-2014, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

I will agree that the Mags pic headlines to sell their covers - regardless of legitimacy. Having said that, they tie in the fact that GM trademarked "Zora" along with this rather well.

Anyone who knows their Corvette history, knows that Zora Duntov spend almost his entire career in the Corvette department pushing for a mid-engine Corvette. He is far and above the most revered name in Corvette engineering and racing. Just saying...

Oh and I will likely buy one if they make it! Bring on the Ford GT and Fezza killer GM!
Old 08-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
I will agree that the Mags pic headlines to sell their covers - regardless of legitimacy. Having said that, they tie in the fact that GM trademarked "Zora" along with this rather well.

Anyone who knows their Corvette history, knows that Zora Duntov spend almost his entire career in the Corvette department pushing for a mid-engine Corvette. He is far and above the most revered name in Corvette engineering and racing. Just saying...

Oh and I will likely buy one if they make it! Bring on the Ford GT and Fezza killer GM!
Battle of the exotic cars with two American exotics that would be awesome
Old 08-27-2014, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
shame though because that looks incredible
Agreed. Looks amazing.

"I give it a 10...a 10...a ******* 10, I still got wood"

Last edited by SSCamaro99_3; 08-27-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:01 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by NW-99SS

Old 08-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

I'm holding my breath until reliable info says otherwise, but this could be a good reason why the Z06's base price is about $20k less than most expected.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Battle of the exotic cars with two American exotics that would be awesome
Couldn't agree more! Would much rather buy an American mid-engine supercar that doesn't cost 15K for an oil change, and out-powers the exotics. I do love Ferrari's though, but aside from winning the lottery, I will never be able to afford to maintain one.

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
Agreed. Looks amazing.

"I give it a 10...a 10...a ******* 10, I still got wood"
X2

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Obviously I'm a huge Zora fan as well The Grand Sport was his masterpiece that GM killed, the purest racing Corvette IMO.

Originally Posted by justin455
I'm holding my breath until reliable info says otherwise, but this could be a good reason why the Z06's base price is about $20k less than most expected.
Also agreed - we can hope right?
Old 08-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Banned

You think upgrades for this supposedly super car/exotic car from Chevy would cost more? Idk unless they use a special engine just for the car which i wouldn't see them doing. How ever i do see it being a little more expensive like the price difference between modding a vette and modding a fbody.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

You think upgrades for this supposedly super car/exotic car from Chevy would cost more? Idk unless they use a special engine just for the car which i wouldn't see them doing. How ever i do see it being a little more expensive like the price difference between modding a vette and modding a fbody.
Of course any updgrades would cost a bit more that weren't interchangeable with already existing engines. Stuff like exhaust manifolds that are vehicle specific will always demand a higher price.

But this is my point, a Chevy "exotic" will be so much easier and cheaper to maintain than any of it's rivals.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Banned

Hell yea it would be cheaper to maintain. Hope they would use a sbc engine to help keep the costs down even more
Old 08-27-2014, 10:49 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Hell yea it would be cheaper to maintain. Hope they would use a sbc engine to help keep the costs down even more
I'd hope they use an LT engine and not an old school SBC. That would make no sense.

Single or twin turbo LT V8 with 700 hp and torque would be sweet in a mid-engine American supercar.

Like I said, I have no hopes at all until I see reason to believe this thing would be made, but with an $80k Z06 that opens this thing up to a ~$120k price tag. That would put it in line with base R8 pricing. Not to mention, considering how well the Z06 is expected to stack up to more exotic competetion, this could theoretically beat those exotics at their own game whereas the Z Corvettes just get really close. All while making the Viper look silly at a similar price point, supercharged or not.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:55 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would truly make Corvette a world class super car.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd hope they use an LT engine and not an old school SBC. That would make no sense.

Single or twin turbo LT V8 with 700 hp and torque would be sweet in a mid-engine American supercar.

Like I said, I have no hopes at all until I see reason to believe this thing would be made, but with an $80k Z06 that opens this thing up to a ~$120k price tag. That would put it in line with base R8 pricing. Not to mention, considering how well the Z06 is expected to stack up to more exotic competetion, this could theoretically beat those exotics at their own game whereas the Z Corvettes just get really close. All while making the Viper look silly at a similar price point, supercharged or not.
Originally Posted by LEO
That would truly make Corvette a world class super car.
I like where you're guys heads are at!

I just leave this hear, looks like MT is really trying to push for confirmation...

http://m.motortrend.com/wot/1408_sco...e_is_a_go.html
Old 08-28-2014, 08:03 AM
Banned

What do you think the old lt, ls and new lt engines are? They are in the sbc family emgines...thats why there is different generations. For example
Gen 1: sbc 350
Gen 2: lt1/4 (90s)
Gen 3: ls1/6
Gen 4: ls2,3,4,6,7,9,A
Gen 5: Lt1/4 (currently in the corvette)

Yet the viper and vette keep battling to stay on top. The Viper is a very nice car and fast. If they produce a S/C Viper, the Vette is gonna need this supercar to beat it.

Quick Reply: Motor Trend is Talking Out of Their Butt Again..