Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Additional proof that the world is full of morons.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Additional proof that the world is full of morons.

November 9, 2004

Toyota Motor Corp. raised the U.S. target for Scion vehicles as 2004 sales of the brand intended for younger buyers approach the goal the company set for next year. The automaker sold 79,422 Scions through October and might reach the high 90,000s this year, brand manager Jim Farley said. Toyota made the car available nationwide in February. The Scion debuted in California last year with a target of 100,000 sales in 2005. That goal has been increased to 125,000.

Scion won't get to 100,000 this year only "because we won't have enough cars," Farley said. "We're down to 15 days of dealer stock."

http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/irep9e_20041109.htm

Wouldn't it be nice to see a domestic rear wheel drive 5 passenger car with 300hp, traction control and adequate storage space for about $18,000? No, I'll take some ugly underpowered trend-mobile, instead - NOT!

Thank (insert fave deity here ) for the used car market!
Old 11-15-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Wait for China to get into the car market here pretty soon. From what Ive heard, late 05 they're going to start selling their brand of cars for even cheaper than Scion, Kia, Suzuki and Hyundai.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I'm the guy who took those pictures of the Chinese cars. I originally heard the same thing about their cars being much cheaper. However, while they will be cheaper, I think how cheap it was going to be was a bit exagerrated. That crew cab truck I posted costed about $15,000. Not a bad deal right? Except for the fact that it was a 2 wheel drive manual with a 4 cylinder engine. How much would that car cost say, 4 wheel drive automatic and just a 6 cylinder engine? In it's defense, I must say that the truck came with quite an impressive amount of standard features, right down to leather and a wood grain steering wheel. Check the sticker, I thought it was quite interesting myself.
Attached Thumbnails Additional proof that the world is full of morons.-admiral-sticker.jpg  
Old 11-15-2004, 06:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by emarkay
Wouldn't it be nice to see a domestic rear wheel drive 5 passenger car with 300hp, traction control and adequate storage space for about $18,000? No, I'll take some ugly underpowered trend-mobile, instead - NOT!
Many of them need unique styling and better marketing. Even then their images are so tarnished that people will pass them up.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:05 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Let's all start looking for jobs now.....thanks to millions of Americans who continue to buy this garbage and drive our American jobs out of the country.

Quick Reply: Additional proof that the world is full of morons.