Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Not For US Sale: Cadillac BLS

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not For US Sale: Cadillac BLS

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101807

Well it's been rumored for quite some time and now those rumors have apparently been confirmed. Caddy will in fact build a sub CTS entry level vehicle for sale in Europe based on the Saab 9-3 (Epsilon) platform. While they say it wont be sold in the states because its price would be too close to that of the CTS, me thinks it also has to do with the fact that the BLS will be FWD and oppose Caddy's current philosophy. Anyhoo, not a bad looking car. I'm guessing we will probably see many of the styling cues on the next gen CTS. I'm also willing to bet that the 2.8L V6 which will be an option in the BLS will find its way into the 9-3 in the near future.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101807

Well it's been rumored for quite some time and now those rumors have apparently been confirmed. Caddy will in fact build a sub CTS entry level vehicle for sale in Europe based on the Saab 9-3 (Epsilon) platform. While they say it wont be sold in the states because its price would be too close to that of the CTS, me thinks it also has to do with the fact that the BLS will be FWD and oppose Caddy's current philosophy. Anyhoo, not a bad looking car. I'm guessing we will probably see many of the styling cues on the next gen CTS. I'm also willing to bet that the 2.8L V6 which will be an option in the BLS will find its way into the 9-3 in the near future.
Personally I would preffer a Cadillac based on the 92X...STi spec of course
Old 02-14-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Veteran

There's no need for it here in North America. I wish the CTS (and other new Cadillacs) had an interior like that though. That's really a shame.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Default Personal Taste

Sorry man but I think that looks like ****. shouldn't even have the caddy name on it. My opinion of course :-) Just that I remember when Caddy used to make cars with taste and beautiful lines !!! Maybe I'm getting old???
Old 02-17-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Not a bad looking car.......
Old 02-21-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love it. the styling with those wheels is just amazing. and i love saab too. those new 9-3s ride really nice too. almost handle like a RWD car with that new reaxs system. my sister has the old style 9-3 vert. now thats a well built car.

Quick Reply: Not For US Sale: Cadillac BLS