Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

New Jaguar XK8 undisguised

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Jaguar XK8 undisguised

Sadly I'm too lazy to repost all the info here so here are the pics.

http://forums.streetfire.net/showthread.php?p=2048

-Adam, lazy poster.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Shinkaze
Sadly I'm too lazy to repost all the info here so here are the pics.

http://forums.streetfire.net/showthread.php?p=2048

-Adam, lazy poster.

Lazy reader too. https://ls1tech.com/forums/automotive-news-media-press/307024-photos-new-jaguar-xk-pretty-sharp.html IT'S ON THE FIRST PAGE MAN. It's ok, apparently the wife has gotten to you already huh? Women do tend to make us insane. LOL. As for the original topic, definitely a hot ride.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
Lazy reader too. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307024 IT'S ON THE FIRST PAGE MAN. It's ok, apparently the wife has gotten to you already huh? Women do tend to make us insane. LOL. As for the original topic, definitely a hot ride.
ROTFLMAO. Man It didn't take me long to go downhill huh?

FWIW we got back from the Honeymoon last weekend, and the Wife already has a list of "Honey-Do's" that will take up every weekend I have for the rest of the summer!
Old 04-28-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

congrats on the marriage, just did the same thing myself. the honeymoon was awesome, we went to nassau, bahamas. did you say you went to italy? dont feel too bad about the honey-do list, coule be worse. mine is just one item: build a house.

that car looks sweet, whats the specs on it?
Old 04-28-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by abadss
congrats on the marriage, just did the same thing myself. the honeymoon was awesome, we went to nassau, bahamas. did you say you went to italy? dont feel too bad about the honey-do list, coule be worse. mine is just one item: build a house.

that car looks sweet, whats the specs on it?
Thanks! Yea, I think you have a worse honeydo list than me

Specs? Hmmmm hard to say at this point. It's based on the Aston Martin DB9 So it's probably more of a GT car (Bently Continental GT, Ferrari 612 Scagelletti, Mercedes CL etc) than it is Performance car (360 Modena, 911, etc). The engine is likely a ~380hp 4.2 Liter similar to the Aston Martin Vantage V8 with the optional XKR sporting a supercharger in a 400-450hp guise. Should be a much more capable car than the previous XK which based on an almost 30-year-old platform.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Shinkaze
Thanks! Yea, I think you have a worse honeydo list than me

Specs? Hmmmm hard to say at this point. It's based on the Aston Martin DB9 So it's probably more of a GT car (Bently Continental GT, Ferrari 612 Scagelletti, Mercedes CL etc) than it is Performance car (360 Modena, 911, etc). The engine is likely a ~380hp 4.2 Liter similar to the Aston Martin Vantage V8 with the optional XKR sporting a supercharger in a 400-450hp guise. Should be a much more capable car than the previous XK which based on an almost 30-year-old platform.
Actually it shares nothing with the Aston Martin DB9 in terms of underpinnings. As of right now, the VH platform is strictly for AM vehicles. The XK AFAIK is based on a shortened version of the current XJ platform, NOT the VH platform which current Astons are built off of. The design characteristics of both cars are similar however since Jaguar's current designer Ian Callum was once the lead designer over at AM.

Quick Reply: New Jaguar XK8 undisguised