Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

new v owner with a few problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new v owner with a few problems

hey guys, just bought a maggied 04 v and love it. but the tire pressure sensor on the rear passenger side will randomly read low and then shoot back to normal and the repeat.
and the rear driver side isnt reading, just says ---.
there arent runflats on the car so i really dont care for the snsors at all. so is there a way to disconnect them without throwing a code or anything? thanks guys

also the previous owner told me he hit a nasty pot hole last week and now when driving the car straight, the steering wheel is tilted to the left. the car doesnt really pull to either side, the wheel is just not straight. can i adjust this my self or will an allignment fix this?

also the check engine light is on and his scanner was reading a code for the thermostat. the car has an aftermarket bigger aluminun rad, and he said this was causing the code. what can i do about this?

Last edited by 9chevy7; 11-02-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not sure to be honest, i do think that if they arent functioning properly it wont let you turn certain things off like stability control and stuff like that.m I love them they are a huge help.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Teching In

i just added a few more question , thanks
Old 11-02-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

aligment should fix it

and i believe youll need a retune sinc ehe probably put a lower temp thermostat in the car which ive heard our cars dont like without a tune to adjust fan setting and such
Old 11-02-2010, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

The batteries on the sensor a dead I just had discount tire fix em for like 35 a wheel they just replace it with a new one!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 9chevy7
hey guys, just bought a maggied 04 v and love it. but the tire pressure sensor on the rear passenger side will randomly read low and then shoot back to normal and the repeat.
and the rear driver side isnt reading, just says ---.
there arent runflats on the car so i really dont care for the snsors at all. so is there a way to disconnect them without throwing a code or anything? thanks guys

like Persian said, have the TPMS replaced by a tire place. not sure, but i am pretty sure you can turn off the tire pressure read out with a tune.

also the previous owner told me he hit a nasty pot hole last week and now when driving the car straight, the steering wheel is tilted to the left. the car doesnt really pull to either side, the wheel is just not straight. can i adjust this my self or will an allignment fix this?

itsslow is right on this one, alignment will should fix it.

also the check engine light is on and his scanner was reading a code for the thermostat. the car has an aftermarket bigger aluminun rad, and he said this was causing the code. what can i do about this?

first off, i would ask what thermostat is in there. if its stock, you may want to look into upgrading to a 180 or 160 degree thermostat. and then, tune the car to get the fans to kick on sooner.
enjoy the V.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Teching In

thanks for the help guys, ill try to get this all fixed before i put it away for the winter. the guy i bought the car from is pretty sure its not the stock thermostat, so its likely a 180 or 160. i guess i will have to get the car on a dyno and see whats what. i would like to just to make sure everything is ok ie: fuel and timing. thanks agian guys
Old 11-03-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure, even if you were running a 160° stat and the ECM had stock FAN settings, I don't see how a code would be thrown, the fans would just never come on, if everything is done correctly coolant wise.
Operation would be all wrong with the fans vs the ECT desired, but why a code, doesnt make sense.
Do you have the actual code?

If your car is running around 174-179° F, normally, then you have a 160° stat.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would like to also add, there are more than just adjusting FAN(s) 1 and 2 On and Off temps when going to a 160° stat to be done 'thoroughly'.

1. Open Loop F/A vs Coolant temp needs adjusting
2. Idle adaptive Minimum ECT needs to be lowered so adaptive idle learning is on when at operational temp

3. Afterstart Enrichment Adder vs ECT needs to me massaged.

Ideal Fan values for a 160° stat is as follows:
Fan 1 ON Temp: 181°F (83°C)
Fan 1 off Temp: 176°F (80°C)

Fan 2 On Temp: 186°F (86°C)
Fan 2 Off Temp: 181°F (83°C)

RESULTS:
Highway speed (6th gear) 2000rpm temp approx 80-81°C
83-84°C heavy sitting traffic
Street driving RPM above 2500 approx 77-78°C
Old 11-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Teching In

great info. ill have to get my buddy to scan it and see what code its reading. i know its not a stock rad. not sure on what make or model it is but ill check.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

great info. ill have to get my buddy to scan it and see what code its reading. i know its not a stock rad. not sure on what make or model it is but ill check.
Ron Davis rad was the only other Aftermarket larger rad that I was aware of, otherwise its full custom.

Quick Reply: new v owner with a few problems