Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

brake swap question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake swap question.

Hey yu guys I'm in the middle of a brake swap and was wondering if you guys could help me out. I got a 2006 impala and looks like imma have to swap spindles. As I'm trying to run the CTSV calipers I thought it was bolt on but after reviewing it I don't think its going to be this easy
I was going to swap the spindles out for the F Body spindles but the hub won't be able to mount up so looks like imma have to run a ctsv spindle. I was wondering if the V6 and V8 run the same front and rear knuckles? Also are the rotor the same or at least same diameter as the Z06? And you guys have pics or are selling a pair please let me know thanks.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want rotors with a 5-lug pattern rotor, I believe the Camaro SS is your best bet. I don't believe Z06's use the same rotors, certainly not the rears as they are smaller on the Z06.

I get the impression the V brakes don't easily fit on anything else, which might be why take-offs can be had for dirt cheap.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the cts v caliper are bolt on on the F Bodies . see the thing is my factory brakes can swap to the f body and C5 just need the brackets for the C5 . as the ctsv brakes swap on the f bodies i figured why not on my spindle. but then i found out the bolt size is 12mm for the ctsv and g8 and 14mm for my car and camaros. i was already running a camaro caliper but they just werent anywhere close to lining up so i was trying to swap to the whole ctsv setup.spindle,rotor,caliper and since its a 3 hole triangular hub id swap mine in the knuckle and have them redrilled.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Why not just drill the caliper to 14mm?
Old 12-31-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I still don't have the calipers or rotors in front of me so idk if I'll line up jus like that. But to make sure I'll jus swap spindles and pray for the best. I think that should work. Its the same triangular hub so jus swap out hubs and mount everythin back together,

Quick Reply: brake swap question.