Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Trouble code P0430

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trouble code P0430

Today my check engine came on and Onstar diagnosed it as some irregularity with the exhaust system. For about 3 months I have had kooks 1 3/4 headers with high flow cats on with a muffler delete nothing too major.. Is their any way that the cats could be going out already? o2 sensor maybe? or is it a regular code to throw when having long tubes on?

Basically everyone Ive talked to who has a somewhat decent knowledge of header installs say I will eventually throw a code. Im just wondering if this is it. The car runs fine, sounds fine, and has no loss in power.. so let me know if this is common and i just need to get it tuned, or it is something more major. Thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by babrown18
Today my check engine came on and Onstar diagnosed it as some irregularity with the exhaust system. For about 3 months I have had kooks 1 3/4 headers with high flow cats on with a muffler delete nothing too major.. Is their any way that the cats could be going out already? o2 sensor maybe? or is it a regular code to throw when having long tubes on?

Basically everyone Ive talked to who has a somewhat decent knowledge of header installs say I will eventually throw a code. Im just wondering if this is it. The car runs fine, sounds fine, and has no loss in power.. so let me know if this is common and i just need to get it tuned, or it is something more major. Thanks
You need a Dyno tune my friend.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:49 AM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Thats Bank 2 sensor/cat efficiency below threshold. Would be easy enough to swap sensor between LH and RH and reset. See if it switches banks or continues with the same code. What brand of Hi-flow cats do you have? Kooks? If so, you may call them and see if there is a trending failure.

FWIW, my 04 has yet to throw a code for emissions and I have long tubes, no cats, x-pipe and corsa. Previous to the long tubes, i had stock mani's with cat-delete test pipes and still didn't throw a code. This setups have been on for over a year.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:31 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Get it tuned and turn off the cat efficiency codes all together.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks guys ill make that appt.. i have kooks highflows and they better not be going out already. if so they owe me a new pair lol.. but anyway thanks fot the advice
Old 10-26-2011, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by babrown18
thanks guys ill make that appt.. i have kooks highflows and they better not be going out already. if so they owe me a new pair lol.. but anyway thanks fot the advice
The cats are fine. Its the computer.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default :offtopic:

Originally Posted by Stone17
The cats are fine. Its the computer.
hey dude i will be in your area this up coming week.. (richmond area) i wont have my v with me but if you are down to chill lemme know.

Quick Reply: Trouble code P0430