Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

looking for a boost-a-pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a boost-a-pump

hey my magnavolt went out on my maggied 04V and now im stuck looking for a replacement before i bight the bullet and buy one from magnuson. looking for a magnavolt or msd or whatever works for this setup. pm me and let me know if ya got one layin around.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Bypass the magnavolt for now. I hate those things. Wouldn't get another one if I were you. Might look to a different company.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

am I gonna be able to run my mp112 without the magnavolt and a stock fuel pump. My 112 is on the way in the mail; so i'm just wondering
Old 12-07-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a magnavolt I was keeping as a spare. $85 shipped if you need it.
It was on my car when I bought it, but took it off when I changed fuel pumps.
Thanks,
Mark
Old 12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wcryan
am I gonna be able to run my mp112 without the magnavolt and a stock fuel pump. My 112 is on the way in the mail; so i'm just wondering
The car will run fine as long as you don't get into boost. Just jump the two wires that run from the trunk to the Magnavolt.
If you get another one, make sure to ground it good. Most of us have at least two grounding points.

Tony
Old 12-07-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TexVette
Bypass the magnavolt for now. I hate those things. Wouldn't get another one if I were you. Might look to a different company.
Have you had one fail? Or are you just going off the sentiment around the net? Reason I ask is because I've used mine for 20k + miles and had zero issues at all.

Now I'm not saying that big twin in tank pumps are bad but for a solution the Magnavolt is A OK in my book.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CancerJCC
Have you had one fail? Or are you just going off the sentiment around the net? Reason I ask is because I've used mine for 20k + miles and had zero issues at all.

Now I'm not saying that big twin in tank pumps are bad but for a solution the Magnavolt is A OK in my book.
Yes, had one fail. It would fail intermittently for a while, but eventually it just flat out died. If you ever have an issue with fuel pump/pressure look to the magnavolt first. My new V doesn't have one on it (just stock pump) and the supercharger runs good but you always worry at high rpm about leaning out even though I've never had a problem

Since OP is right around the corner from me, I will dig up my racetronix CTSV fuel pump kit and offer that as a permenant fix since I never installed it Otherwise, that $85 dollar magnavolt sounds like a good deal too.

I will be running a magnafuel 4301 pretty soon, so don't need it.

Permenant fuel solution for having a magnuson supercharger is to install a higher volume pump. The boost-a-pumps are just bandaids IMO

Quick Reply: looking for a boost-a-pump