Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Seat Cover Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Seat Cover Replacement

So I had about a 2" rip on the front or my drivers seat. I was tired of looking at it for a year so I decided to get it replaced. I started to price around locally and Virginia is crazy expensive to do upholstry work. The places ranged $250-350 just to make me a bottom seat cover to the exact same specs. Thats also providing my seat cover so they can remove the heating element, and suede insert so my inserts would still color match. Too pricey for me V1 problems.

I've been talking to a company I found on eBay that made regular CTS car seat covers for $165. I called them and they said they've made a few of them for the CTS-V owners and the past customers sent in their old cover b/c they don't carry the suede fabric. I sent them my seat cover and they made it the same day they received it and shipped it out the next day. You can get whatever stitch colors you want too. I stuck with the factory "white/gray". Kicker, it was also only $150 for everything shipped back to me. Whole process took a week from when I shipped it off and got it back. PM me for their contact info.

Removing the bottom seat cushion is real easy too. All you have to do is remove two nuts that hold it down in the front of the seat and it comes right off since the back portion just "slide/clips" in. You don't have to remove the seat at all. Taking off the cover is easy too. Just remove the plastic retaining clips and the side controls.

I will post pics soon but the quality is great. They use real leather in the high use area but vinyl on the sides. Like the factory does. Its a lot softer than the leather that came with the car I think.

Old 04-30-2020, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Seems like a deal. I found a set of minty seats except they had been in a wreck and the front frames were bent. I’m going to swap the oem covers and then hopefully sell my decent but far from perfect covers.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Pics and link to the seller please!
Old 05-04-2020, 04:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by azn2dmax
So I had about a 2" rip on the front or my drivers seat. I was tired of looking at it for a year so I decided to get it replaced. I started to price around locally and Virginia is crazy expensive to do upholstry work. The places ranged $250-350 just to make me a bottom seat cover to the exact same specs. Thats also providing my seat cover so they can remove the heating element, and suede insert so my inserts would still color match. Too pricey for me V1 problems.

I've been talking to a company I found on eBay that made regular CTS car seat covers for $165. I called them and they said they've made a few of them for the CTS-V owners and the past customers sent in their old cover b/c they don't carry the suede fabric. I sent them my seat cover and they made it the same day they received it and shipped it out the next day. You can get whatever stitch colors you want too. I stuck with the factory "white/gray". Kicker, it was also only $150 for everything shipped back to me. Whole process took a week from when I shipped it off and got it back. PM me for their contact info.

Removing the bottom seat cushion is real easy too. All you have to do is remove two nuts that hold it down in the front of the seat and it comes right off since the back portion just "slide/clips" in. You don't have to remove the seat at all. Taking off the cover is easy too. Just remove the plastic retaining clips and the side controls.

I will post pics soon but the quality is great. They use real leather in the high use area but vinyl on the sides. Like the factory does. Its a lot softer than the leather that came with the car I think.
I'm going to be using these guys when I get to that point later this summer, and having the carpet redone locally. They offer customization also if you contact them directly. I'm doing black/grey with blue piping and stitching.

https://www.lseat.com/products/2003-...vers-rear.html

-Byron

Quick Reply: Seat Cover Replacement