Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

GM recall 14405

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default GM recall 14405

I got a form in the mail today for a recall on the fuel pump module and harness. Possible fire. Should I let these bastards change this and joyride my car or just do it myself. The letter says if the problem was already repaired a reimbursement request will be authorized.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a notice in the mail today as well. The recall status is still listed as INCOMPLETE on the GM recall website, meaning they don't have a fix ready for it yet.

Now If they will just get off their asses and recall the brake lines too.

Last edited by Fweasel; 10-30-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

My recall notice said they are waiting on parts availability. Who knows how long that will take
Old 10-29-2014, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

I just checked the fuel pump recall again and it still says "Incomplete remedy not available". So basically, we wait until they figure out the least expensive way to fix their screw up, or your car breaks and they fix it, or you blow up and die....thanks GM. The FAQ is from the https://recalls.gm.com page

FAQs

My vehicle has a recall, and the status reads: “INCOMPLETE.” What do I do next?

If the status field states “INCOMPLETE,” and your vehicle is a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, HUMMER or Saturn please contact a Certified Service Dealer to schedule a service appointment or order parts. If your vehicle is a Saab, please contact an authorized Saab service center.

My vehicle has a recall, and the status reads: “INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE.” What do I do next?

GM is working quickly to finalize the necessary repair procedures and/or obtain parts. You will be notified via written communication when the repair procedure or parts are available. You can also check back at this website or with your preferred Certified Service Dealer.

I have not received a recall letter in the mail. Can I still have my vehicle repaired?

Yes, you can still have your vehicle repaired if the status field states “INCOMPLETE.” If your vehicle is a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, HUMMER or Saturn you should contact a Certified Service Dealer to schedule a service appointment or order parts. If your vehicle is a Saab, please contact an authorized Saab service center.

If the status field states, “INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE,” GM will send you written communication once the remedy is available to properly repair your vehicle, or you can check back at this website or with your preferred Certified Service Dealer.

I have had my vehicle repaired by a Certified Service Dealer or authorized Saab service center, but the recall is still listed here. Why?

It can take up to 30 days for GM to receive repair information from your Certified Service Dealer or authorized Saab service center. If your vehicle was repaired more than 30 days ago, please contact the GM Owner Center at 1-866-694-6546.

Where can I find more information about GM recalls?

To view the latest GM Recall news, click here.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Gona take mine in as soon as its complete. Let them take the tank off, its a ton of work
Old 10-30-2014, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh is that what that letter was I promptly threw in the garbage?
Old 10-30-2014, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/..._ids=14V542000

Everything you need to know including why they end at a certain year is in the 4 associated documents.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Jmargo... According to the second of the 4 letters, they knew about the problem and have a solution as of May 2013 but haven't implemented it yet? That seems rather... Dumb.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Guys I wouldn't screw around with this recall. GET IT DONE. My car only has 91k miles on it but the pump burned up a few weeks ago and melted right through INTO THE TANK. My wife was on her way to pick me up and it dumped her on the side of I-95 in heavy traffic, leaking gasoline!

I went through hell to get it fixed before the notice came (today) but it got done. Contact your dealer and get in line ASAP as there's 10,000 cars in this recall...not including the "unintended key rotation" recalls for our cars, Impalas, Malibus and whatever else is going on.

You don't want to do this yourself if you don't have to. You have to drop the driveshaft, exhaust and lower the rear subframe to get the gas tank out to get to the pump...or cut a hole in the floorpan under your rear seat. I don't recommend that as you can cut into the tank if you're not extremely careful.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I'm going to print the stuff that Margo found and go into my local dealer to see what they say.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Just a heads up, but expect this:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...l#post18462943
Old 10-30-2014, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I read your story, totally screwed up man. I'd be pissed. Luckily the dealer near my house is good to go. They have done warranty work on 2 of my cars. One was a trans replacement on my cobalt. One was the valve spring repair on the V. Granted the warranty company only took care of one spring, so I did the rest.

The service writer that I always go to is a straight up guy. He takes care of his customers and has earned my business for a long time... Still I'll have my fingers crossed. I don't expect him to say, oh yea we have everything and well do it today. But I do expect them to be able to have a little more info on timeframe hopefully.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Launching!

A few weeks ago my buddy went through this issue with his STS-V. I think he spent 2k out of pocket to get the leak fixed and a new pump put in. Since the recall isn't ready they don't even have fixed parts yet so they just threw the same junk back in. He'll have to get it fixed again once GM is ready lol. Hopefully they give him his money back when that day comes.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The other part to this is that it claims dealers cannot sell used CTS-V's until this is fixed. I wonder if it applies to GM/Cad dealers only.

"It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied."
Old 10-30-2014, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Got my letter today. I love the approach. Hey, just to let you know, your fuel pump may melt and burn your car down. We can't fix it yet, hang tight champ. (Lawyers breathe a sigh of relief as anxiety transfers to vehicle owners)

I bought my car at my local dealer, where my best friend works as a salesman so I don't anticipate any huge problems. They fixed my tire balance issue when I first bought it (they put the tires on since the car was traded in Brazilian).
Old 10-30-2014, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ same here. Now we wait....
Old 10-30-2014, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Got my letter today good news is

Winter is coming.... So the V has maybe a couple more rides before hibernation and hopefully they have a fix by the spring!!
Old 10-30-2014, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got mine today too.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or you could just do this http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...BCA-4W&eq=&Tp= yourself. Right? I just skimmed the letter today but I thought the bulkhead connector was the issue. Anyway Racetronix got a little more of my money this morning.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by .Houdini.
A few weeks ago my buddy went through this issue with his STS-V. I think he spent 2k out of pocket to get the leak fixed and a new pump put in. Since the recall isn't ready they don't even have fixed parts yet so they just threw the same junk back in. He'll have to get it fixed again once GM is ready lol. Hopefully they give him his money back when that day comes.
This happened to me, I replaced my faulty pump in the spring and the dealer told me I will get my money back if new pump they put in is the same part as the recall fix. Who knows...I'm sure I'm f**ked.

Either way don't mess around, this is a big ticket item due to the amount of labor, not to mention the safety issue. Still waiting on my letter.

Quick Reply: GM recall 14405