Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

LSA supercharger on V1?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think all could be done for 2500 depending on how much a custom hood would cost.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a used LSA blower + lid + new coupler + adaptors = $1500-ish
Not even close. You will need injectors, fuel rail, IC pump, heat exchanger, possibly a few sensors etc. The more accurate estimate is $2500-$3000. It, IMO, is still a bargain and that is why I bought one for my boat. A used 6.0l LY6, blower, and assorted odds and ends should turn about 525 hp in the boat. I only have access to 87 octane on the water so I may have to add meth but compared to the nearly $40k I was quoted on the Indmar Monsoon 572ss this should be a bargain.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sssnake
Not even close. You will need injectors, fuel rail, IC pump, heat exchanger, possibly a few sensors etc. The more accurate estimate is $2500-$3000. It, IMO, is still a bargain and that is why I bought one for my boat.
oh i wasn't including fueling & cooling upgrades in my "$1500ish" estimate, that's just the blower, lid, coupler & adapters...... and can't forget the belt situation, in that thread i posted a link to there's mention of what setups may be required.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's running a built LQ4, and although he didn't mention rectangular heads, I just assumed. As for the ZL1 lid "adding" power...I've seen more people (including reputable tuners) go back and forth on that than I can count. The car in question went with the ZL1 lid because it is very convenient for doing a nitrous spray bar setup. If you never plan to spray, just run the stock lid and do the other cooling mods the right way. Another thing to note is you have to relocate the ABS module because the LSA harmonic balancer is much larger.

Last edited by bmylez; 10-16-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

The guy making adapters also makes some really sweet fuel rails. Olson Kustom works. As for the adapters, there are some on eBay too for $200.
The trucks are able to run the blower off the accessory serpentine belt. I don't know if that is doable for us.
Regarding the snout/hood interference.....remember the video where the guy put an LSA into that Saturn sky? He did something badass to change the angle of the inlet...I wondered if an aluminum elbow could be welded in between to get it lower and turn towrd the driver side.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Where could I get a custom hood made that would clear the supercharger?
Old 10-17-2015, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by onebad636
Where could I get a custom hood made that would clear the supercharger?
I would try to find a nice body shop around you and maybe find a used hood somewhere for them to put a clean "power bump" or a cowl on, whatever you fancy.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I think a cowl would actually look good on it but don't want anything crazy
Old 10-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sssnake
Not even close. You will need injectors, fuel rail, IC pump, heat exchanger, possibly a few sensors etc. The more accurate estimate is $2500-$3000. It, IMO, is still a bargain and that is why I bought one for my boat. A used 6.0l LY6, blower, and assorted odds and ends should turn about 525 hp in the boat. I only have access to 87 octane on the water so I may have to add meth but compared to the nearly $40k I was quoted on the Indmar Monsoon 572ss this should be a bargain.
I'm at just under $1k, and I have the LSA balancer, SC, the lid, injectors, and about to pick up the fuel rail. Only missing the IC, piping and pump. With enough patience you can get it done for ~1500 in parts.
This isn't going into my V1, but that thought has certainly crossed my mind.
Third-Gen is working on a lot of brackets to use the factory serpentine. I believe he has an F-body and truck set up now, and If he makes one for corvette spacing you wouldn't have to worry about the longer balancer hitting the ABS module. And as long as you aren't shooting for 700bhp the 6 rib belt should run the SC just fine.
The hood though. That would definitely be the thing to hold me back. I don't want to cut a hole (or 2) in my hood on my DD V1.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure where you are buying your stuff but my costs are in line with these:

http://www.ssforums.com/forum/engine...arts-list.html

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83841

Add those parts to the roughly $700 the base unit is going for on ebay and my numbers are pretty accurate. If you can do it for half the price or less then hook a brother up

Anyway I think most are going to pay in the range that I quoted. The thing you don't realize with these things are all the additional, sometimes small sometimes not so small, costs. New serpentine belt, different spark plugs, better fuel pump, and etc that are necessary to get the V up top par for the extra ponies.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Oh I understand well the nickel and dime **** that will get you. I didn't include that in my pricing.
I got my base unit for a steal locally (phoenix ) for $400.
Got my lid for $125 shipped and about to get my fuel rail for $100 shipped both from a Facebook LS parts group.
Got my OEM balancer on ebay for $90.
Factory LSA Fuel injectors for $150 on ebay. Both include shipping costs.
Just have to have patience and keep looking for the deals. This is going on my lq9 for my 68 corvette. I have years worth of work to do on that car. Mostly due to money restrictions. The cost of being married with kids and trying to have toys.
My costs I'm factoring are for SC only, because for me I have to redo my entire fuel system. New tank with internal pump all new lines, regulator, filter, etc, etc, etc.

The good thing about V1s is we're on corvette accy spacing. I know the ABS unit is in the way of the LSA balancer, but I'm not sure how much. I'd have to crawl under my car and look at it. Take some measurements on my LSA balancer and see what can be done. If it would fit without much issue then we wouldn't have to worry about changing any of our accessory system.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:51 AM
Teching In

Default S

Originally Posted by onebad636
I have done a little searching and know they sell the adapter plates ect. Will the LSA blower even fit under the stock hood of a V1 with the adapter plates. Anyone know of a full write up of someone that has done it with a complete parts list?
So what have you found for a hood? I'm in the middle of putting the lsa sc on my v1 and can't find a hood either
Old 01-05-2017, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

It fits just fine, you just have to trim the hood support. There is another thread on this page about it.

Quick Reply: LSA supercharger on V1?