Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

05 ctsv acting weird

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 ctsv acting weird

I have a 2005 ctsv. Recently i noticed coming home from work that if at a low rpm (under 3k) and i give it gas the rpms will shoot up but there will be no acceleration. Almost like the clutch is still slightly engaged. Anyone experienced this before? Anyone else experience this? Any help appreciated thank you
Old 10-02-2016, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Slipping clutch, stuck slave cyl. Is the pedal coming all the way back up when this happens? What happens if you pump the clutch rapidly? Miles on the car/clutch/master/slave? When was the last time you bled the thing and/or changes the fluid? Clutch is one of the real headaches on this platform.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mercier
Slipping clutch, stuck slave cyl. Is the pedal coming all the way back up when this happens? What happens if you pump the clutch rapidly? Miles on the car/clutch/master/slave? When was the last time you bled the thing and/or changes the fluid? Clutch is one of the real headaches on this platform.
ill have to see if it comes up all the way but im pretty sure it does. I'll try pumpinb the clutch aswell the clutch fluid hasnt moved though. Car has high miles 160xxx and idk how many miles on the parts ive had the car for around 5 months. Ill have to check those two things out though
Old 10-02-2016, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get on the highway and at speed put it in 5th or 6th and get on it a good bit, that's how I have always judged if a clutch is slipping. 6th is a pretty steep gear in this car though and with its know issues I would use 5th. But in your case sounds like it's time to replace the clutch and slave.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
get on the highway and at speed put it in 5th or 6th and get on it a good bit, that's how I have always judged if a clutch is slipping. 6th is a pretty steep gear in this car though and with its know issues I would use 5th. But in your case sounds like it's time to replace the clutch and slave.
Alright ill do that. Yeah sounds like it

Quick Reply: 05 ctsv acting weird