Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Mounting plate Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting plate Issue

I just purchased Brians Hurst kit and upon installation I noticed the mounting plate had a small crack in it. Didn't think much of it so I continued with the short throw swap. The install was very straight forward and the detailed write up from Brain was awesome.

However after assembling the system and shifting from first to second, the whole plate fell apart!

This plate does not look very sturdy in the first place and considering how much movement is inside, is there a sturdier aftermarket set up? I couldn't find anything online so I figured id ask here.
Attached Thumbnails Mounting plate Issue-img_0774.jpg  
Old 03-08-2017, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by docdrey
However after assembling the system and shifting from first to second, the whole plate fell apart!

This plate does not look very sturdy in the first place and considering how much movement is inside, is there a sturdier aftermarket set up? I couldn't find anything online so I figured id ask here.
You're the first person I've ever seen post about breaking that part in the ~9-1/2 years I've been on these forums, so that's probably why you didn't find anything about it online. I don't even know how that would be possible.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
You're the first person I've ever seen post about breaking that part in the ~9-1/2 years I've been on these forums, so that's probably why you didn't find anything about it online. I don't even know how that would be possible.
Hmm... In that case, sounds like buying an OEM replacement is going to be fine. It was cracked prior, I guess I just finished it off...

Nevertheless, Thanks!
Old 03-08-2017, 02:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quick Reply: Mounting plate Issue