Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Balky shifter fixes itself

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Balky shifter fixes itself

I am having an issue with the gear shift mechanism. It has now for the second time stopped going into gear when engine is running. Both times the problem started after vehicle had been sitting for a while. The engine and tranny had been out of vehicle for better access to front end for repairs 500 miles prior to first occurence. I sent mechanic out to car and he had it working within 5 minutes.

Second time happened 2000 miles later. I quizzed first mechainc who fessed up that he had really done nothing, it just started working. Had vehicle towed to dealer, who said clutch out, flywheel burned, etc. I said TSB, he said tough, magnacharger voids everything. I had vehicle moved to friendlier dealer.

Everything worked fine again when vehicle came off the tow truck. Second dealer didn't have the chance to go to bat for me.

I have put a few 100 miles on since then, but am concerned about where I might be next time it freezes up.

Has anyone else had this happen, or have any suggestions on what is going on? Total miles 13,000, 2004 CTS-V.