Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Some Newbie to the V Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Newbie to the V Questions

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm new to the V (05 model) and can't find answers anywhere. Here goes:

1. Is there anyway to set the A/C source air control to stay permanently on the 'Circulation' mode? I'd rather keep it there than smell outside exhaust, etc. It seems like it reverts back to off/outside air after I shut the car off.

2. Is there a way set or change the stored radio preset tabs on the nav display to store/show only the station number? Whenever I try to store a station, the tab on the display shows the RDS/Data (song or station name) info on the tab rather than just the frequency/station number. Drives nuts!

3. How do I adjust the headlight angles? When my headlights are on, I see the left light at a straight angel, and then right in the middle of my view (where the left and right headlight spectrums intersect) the light raises up at about a 45deg angle and then I see the right light. To describe it further, it's as if you drew a straight line starting left, drew the line up at a 45 about an eight of an inch, and the continued the line straight the rest of the way.

Is this normal? On the surface, I think I either need to lower the right light or raise the left light.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by egypt123
2. Is there a way set or change the stored radio preset tabs on the nav display to store/show only the station number? Whenever I try to store a station, the tab on the display shows the RDS/Data (song or station name) info on the tab rather than just the frequency/station number. Drives nuts!

3. How do I adjust the headlight angles? When my headlights are on, I see the left light at a straight angel, and then right in the middle of my view (where the left and right headlight spectrums intersect) the light raises up at about a 45deg angle and then I see the right light. To describe it further, it's as if you drew a straight line starting left, drew the line up at a 45 about an eight of an inch, and the continued the line straight the rest of the way.
2: You just have to time it perfectly then after a while it will change back to words. Only God knows why GM did this.

3: If you open your hood there should be a couple bolt heads that adjust height. When I get home I can look and tell you where they are if no one else responds
Old 09-03-2009, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jerrad
3: If you open your hood there should be a couple bolt heads that adjust height. When I get home I can look and tell you where they are if no one else responds
I found the adjustment screws. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

I guess this is the answer for #2 and the radio button presets:

http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/radiohint.html

Quick Reply: Some Newbie to the V Questions