Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Clutch fluid replace this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch fluid replace this weekend

Here are the steps I am going by from Cadillacfaq.com. Am I correct by saying steps 1-6 deal with getting the initial air out of the system, and 7-10 is the regular rotation for getting old fluid out/new fluid in? Also, since the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder is on the top of the transmission, what is the size of the zert so I can put a hose on it.

Thanks,
Chris

1) Ensure the reservoir is filled to the fill line with new hydraulic fluid. Add fluid if required from a clean sealed container.
2) Stroke the clutch pedal from the up stop to the down position at least 15 times.
3) With the pedal in the down position, open the bleeder valve at the concentric slave cylinder to release trapped air.
4) Close the bleeder valve and slowly return the clutch pedal to the up stop position.
5) Open the bleeder valve and slowly depress the clutch pedal from the up stop to the down position until the fluid escapes through the bleeder.
6) Close the bleeder valve.
7) Return the clutch pedal to the up stop position.
8) Depress the clutch pedal from the up stop to the down position.
9) Open the bleeder valve and allow fluid with air bubbles to escape through the bleeder valve.
10) Close the bleeder valve.

Repeat steps 7-10 until the fluid without bubbles escapes through the bleeder valve.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm subscribed. I'd like to know even where to locate the bleed valve, let alone the size of the nipple to stick a hose on it.

Quick Reply: Clutch fluid replace this weekend