Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

90.50mm Extended Studs - 2009+ Cadillac CTS-V...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90.50mm Extended Studs - 2009+ Cadillac CTS-V...

You may remember the OEM 7mm extended stud option we discovered in this thread.

Well, we decided we wanted a few more thread contacts on the rear wheels as the customer may be heading to the road course in the future. So, I got to digging and after a couple weeks of searching around off and on, I found the end all be all answer to extended studs on the 2009+ Cadillac CTS-Vs.

Allow me to introduce Dorman part number 610-333, specifications are as follows...

- M14 x 1.5TP threads
- 15.88mm knurl diameter
- 90.50mm total length
- 32.50mm shoulder length

OEM (part number 11588811) stud specifications are as follows;

- M14 x 1.5TP threads
- 15.75mm knurl diameter
- 64.00mm total length
- 19.00mm shoulder length

These studs will provide 26.50mm more length, and 41.50mm more usable threads (i.e. since the stock studs have a large unthreaded nose portion, and the Dorman part number is threaded to the nose)

We ordered one to compare between stock (GM part number 11588811), 7mm extended OEM option (GM part number 11588810) and obviously the Dorman unit. See below;

By itself, next to my business card for reference...

The only issue is going to be this base, it's far too large to fit into the recessed portion of the hub (which is 21mm). No big deal, nothing some attention from the lathe won't take care of...

Post lathing, the base is now the correct 21mm diameter...

In comparison to OEM 7mm extended option...

In comparison to OEM and OEM 7mm extended option...

Post lathing, it now matches the 21mm base diameter...

John rolling forward on the installation...

In the bay next to NZ1200...

John pressing in the studs...

Machinging out the spacer's lug passages for the larger stud shoulder...

Talk about some serious usable thread...

While it would look badass to see a V2 CTS-V rolling around with open-ended lug nuts, that's not quite what we're going for here.

John got the stud length down to where it needs to be via grinder...

Grinding...

Perfect length...

Back together, ready to roll...

I just thought I'd share with the community so no one has to do the pioneering like we had to.

As with the other thread;

Please note, the US DOT REQUIRES SIX TURNS at a minimum. They are rather strict on this rule, so I recommend not to violate it.

I am not nor is National Speed, Inc. responsible for any mishaps, accidents or incidents due to attempting this modification. It's almost as straight forward as installing stock lug studs (because that's what it is), but I still have to say it.

One thing to note, the hub-centric lip on the hub extends out 11.50mm, which means if you are installing a 10mm spacer, you may or may not have enough lip:wheel contact to keep wheel wobble out of the equation. Just keep this in mind when sizing a spacer. I'd recommend spacers with hub-centric lips incorporated to ensure this does not occur. But for anything under 9mm, I believe you'd be ok installing directly.

I hope this information is found useful to the community.

Quick Reply: 90.50mm Extended Studs - 2009+ Cadillac CTS-V...