Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Help!!!! 2006 v help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help!!!! 2006 v help!!!

Well here it goes..... I have a 06 V just the chassis w/wire harness & ecu, no powertrain. What I've picked up is a 05 V with a LS6 as the donor. Of course the 06 V is set up for a LS2. Now that I've just about gotten everything Cam,Heads,Headers. Now I'm learning there's "possible" reluctor wheel difference 24x to 58x. What direction am I going to need to go in get this done. Stroker??? If so, what am I going to need to complete this other than a 58x Stroker kit?
Old 09-13-2010, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

you would be better off sticking with the LS2, and building that block up.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:04 AM
On The Tree

Coles right. The LS2 has more options for buildup in the head and forced induction department. The LS6's heads and intake are pretty nice/maxed in stock form.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:18 AM
TECH Addict

Actually in regards to the engines top end, it's the opposite. The LS2 intake doesn't flow as well as an LS6 and you trying to feed a bigger engine with the same heads and worse flowing intake than the LS6. The stock LS6 intake and TB are more than enough for a mild cam and mild headwork. The heads on the LS2 are the same as the LS6 (even have the same cast number) with the only exeption being the LS6 has lightweight hollow valves. Just about any head you can get for an LS2 you can get get something comparable to on the LS6. So your argument should be it has more displacement and therefore more potential.

In the forced induction area, its still a V and there are vary few options short of custom building something. It can't be looked at as which engine has the most options since they are almost the same.

As for shoving an LS6 into an LS2 V, there will be a few complications including the reluctor wheel differences. Some include relocated knock sensors, relocated MAP sensor, and relocated cam position sensor.

Last edited by raven154; 09-13-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

I was referring more to port style of the heads of the LS2 which allows more modding possibilities with current and future LSx motors. I have an '04 V and enjoy my LS6 but am by no means a homer for them. I agree with the LS6 outflowing the LS2 intake wise, which strengthens the case more power left on the shelf for the LS2. As far as FI, head swaps are easier, which makes blower installs and fabbing somewhat easier as well. In the end, the LS6 numbers were more limited model wise than the LS2 thus tying more hands of us 04-05 V owners in the long run.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Both the LS2 an the LS6 use the same head. They both have the exact same cathedral port head. There are also very good heads made for the small bore LS6 including square port heads like te LS3 stuff. I'm not arguing the LS2 doesn't have more potential just as a starting platform but if you have the cash to throw around, you can build whatever you want out of either engine. The LS2 is easy to get into the 400ci range where the LS6 is gonna take some cash to ge there. Bottom line, it will cost more in the end to build a badass LS6 with more cubes where the LS2 will take slightly less.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by raven154
Both the LS2 an the LS6 use the same head. They both have the exact same cathedral port head. There are also very good heads made for the small bore LS6 including square port heads like te LS3 stuff. I'm not arguing the LS2 doesn't have more potential just as a starting platform but if you have the cash to throw around, you can build whatever you want out of either engine. The LS2 is easy to get into the 400ci range where the LS6 is gonna take some cash to ge there. Bottom line, it will cost more in the end to build a badass LS6 with more cubes where the LS2 will take slightly less.
this is what i was refering to. building an LS2 up is cheaper in the long run.

or just drop a create LS7/9 in there

Quick Reply: Help!!!! 2006 v help!!!