Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

PISNUOFF modified shifter install - any further instructions before I get at it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PISNUOFF modified shifter install - any further instructions before I get at it?

I got my shifter and new bushings from PISNUOFF the other day and I'm hoping to get at the install sometime in the next week or so. After browsing the supplied instructions, I'm still left feeling like I'm going in a little blind. I'm not familliar with what our shifters look like when all disassembled, etc, etc so a few instruction points don't really make much sense to me. I'm sure it'll all come together once I start getting in there, but I was just wondering if anyone could provide any extra info for me before I dive in. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

it is not bad at all, a few tips from my install:

While you may not need to pull the exhaust, i did, it was easy enough to do and gave a lot more room

Make sue you center punch the rivets before you drill them, if you drill off center it is a pain to get the rivets out (although if you have a deremel it would make it easier to fix)

Having two people would be a big help, you can do it with one person though, just take your time.

Be sure to follow the instructions and remove the shifter boot from the console first, then take the **** off

Don't over torque the bolt attaching the shifter shaft to the shifter. this may be a little trial and error.

I didn't do the bushings when i did mine, so i can't speak to those

The shifter will be a little stiff when you first drive it. Do not panic, drive it for a week, it will "loosen" up a little and feel like you would expect it to.

It is not too bad of an install,once you jump in it should fall in place.

Go drive the heck out of your car, and wonder why you didn't do this sooner.

and the last piece of advice:

Do it sooner then later, there are a lot of others waiting for shifters, the sooner you get yours in and your stocker sent back the sooner somebody else can enjoy a new shifter
Old 09-14-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I got mine in too. I'll be working on the install this weekend.

Quick Reply: PISNUOFF modified shifter install - any further instructions before I get at it?