Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Someone please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Someone please help!!!

I have had my car for about a month now and I love it! I have however found a few things I need to fix. I am waiting on the removal/install tool from Creative Steel now so I can change the diff bushing. I have been noticing a slight vibration while driving for a couple weeks now. It started out as noticing it in third gear and then just every now and then thru the rest of the gears. Now it has developed into a quite noticeable one in every gear at just about any RPM but only when the clutch is out. If I press the pedal it goes away. I don't feel it in the shifter or the wheel, but in the whole car. Any ideas?

I don't think it is the dual mass problem cause most say that is in a certain RPM range and happens even if the car is not moving.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be the drive shaft... I have a high frequency vibration at high speeds... thinking of re indexing mine. I'd check the drive shaft and joints
Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks! That's kinda what I am thinking too. I am hoping it's just the center support bearing. It's weird cause sometimes at the very same speeds it did it before it will be gone.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't the driveshaft vibrate regardless of clutch engagement?
Old 06-17-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately I have to agree with aurora40....If you are at highway speed and have the roar and it goes away when you depress the clutch I find it hard to believe that the driveshaft is the issue. The clutch being disengaged won't have any effect on your driveshaft....In saying that I wish I had an answer. Best of luck.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

But if you press the clutch it reduces all torque transferring to the driveline. Yes, the driveshaft will still turn but without any force from torque.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get under the car (safely) and grab hold of the driveshaft and check for play. Also, visually inspect the center support bearing. I've seen pictures of them in ROUGH shape.

Quick Reply: Someone please help!!!