Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

X-pipe to remove Corsa Resonators

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-pipe to remove Corsa Resonators

Well surprise, surprise, my Corsa Resonator are making noise.

I remember reading a couple posts where people talk about removing the resonators and installing a Magnaflow x-pipe in place of them.
Is there a direct fit option out there>??? If so does anyone have a part number or correct dimensions>???
Also, for those that have done it, how did you like the final outcome>??? If I had to guess I would say it will make the car louder but might have a good tone.

Thanks in advance, Mat
Old 07-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Launching!

In for replies. i'm in the same boat. Although I do kinda like the 'nasty' rasp sound between shifts.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

im in the same boat i dont mind the rasp between shifts its the rattle as the engine spins down to idle it sounds like i have a POS exhaust with a rattle....i bought a $25 dollar 304 stainless x-pipe off ebay and 5ft of 304 stainless pipe i think it all cost me 100 and im going to have a muffler shop slip the x-pipe on clamp it in the rear and plumb the pipe up to the false cats from my obx headers and weld it in there what im trying to decide is to put cut outs in there also or not hence why the parts are in my closet still
Old 07-14-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magnaflow resonator/muffler 2 in/2 out will work, and it has an integrated x inside. Check their website. I forgot the part number.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How do you tell if it's the resonator or the pipe hitting the rear swaybar? Is anyone else's extremely close to the rear swaybar? I can't quite slide a finger between the pipe and the bar. I'm sure they can make contact under the right conditions.

Quick Reply: X-pipe to remove Corsa Resonators