Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

ati super damper

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ati super damper

any know the parts # for the ati super damper that will work on the v
i am trying to install the gto procharger kit on the v
Old 08-09-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh you are venturing down the wrong road sir...lol, I was pretty pissed with this part and wasted a **** load of money with shipping and returning fees as no one could give me the correct answer when calling. (I guess unique custom stuff is too 'difficult')
sigh...
Check the pics on the link to see what i mean...

You need to use the 918853 Kit, But however, since Corvettes procharger runs on the MAIN damper, they dont have the three extra holes, so you need to get the Corvette HUB with 12 tapped holes rather than the 9. Its a custom order from ATI. Modified Hub – pn ATI-916032 – 12 bolt holes. And when they did mine, they cant tap worth **** anyways, I had to re-tap as the threads were just a hair off.

You have to use the Corvette hub to align the the serpentine belt for the A/C. The GTO hub will not work as the spacing is wrong. The corvette will, but has no extra holes for the Procharger crank pulley as stated above. The AC pulley is the same with all kits, but its the HUB that determines the spacing between the AC and the position it sits on the crank in relation to the main serpentine belt. (hope that makes sense)

Lastly, you can not use the GTO procharger crank pulley (8rib) as this will not line up with the GTO main bracket, idler and procharger head unit. (becuase the corvette, or in this case, the LS6 is recessed closer to the block than all other LS1/LS2s)

Fluidampr 740102 balancer is the answer, as it keys in proper, but guess what! they are discontinued..
DC033A-082 is what comes with the GTO pulley, and it falls short for lining up.

YOU need a DC033A-081 ! for the right spacing, but now you loose the keying on the ATI damper, something you now need a machinist to put a light edge so it centers on the damper and you dont stress the three bolts.

you can check my unfinished webpage on this:

The car has been long done, wrote a ton more on tuning, and all the extras, just never got around to posting and presenting, too busy with life.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by vmapper; 08-09-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, I scrapped those fans and went with the Derale 16925 Push fans (2150cfm each) x2
Stock CFM Denso Fans on the Cts-v are PULL (usually more efficient) are roughly 3400cfm.

I wish I did this in the first place.
Also, the CTS-V has 60 Amp fusing for the fans, so these high current (21A each) babies are no problem.

Also went SD 2 Bar, no longer using the MAF, but use the hitachi slot for IATs. (works well in the 4" tube)
MAF was unstable with large diameter pipe and idle and low flow (even with the saxon screen - to smooth out the hz and airflow) , so if you are using the MAF, I would do a blend tune, not MAF only, then set the dynamic rpm to the rpm BEFORE boost so you dont limit your stock MAP sensor. (yea, lot of mucking around and histograms to find out tps vs rpm vs baro) Just work, but its doable.
Or go SD

It also didnt take long to max out the stock pump, so not sure what your fueling plans are.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

thanks vmapper for all the info. this will help me alots
Old 08-09-2011, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Vmapper can you post link to build I'm
Saving up for procharger.

Quick Reply: ati super damper