Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

1 Solid DR side mount w/ 1 OEM/CS/UUC PS side mount?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1 Solid DR side mount w/ 1 OEM/CS/UUC PS side mount?

Has Anyone tried using 1 solid driver side mount and 1 Poly[or]OEM- pass side mount??. Would this help dampen the vibrations associated with solid MM???

Summer(2010) i installed a set of grey CS motor mounts with the 1st gen Heat Shields and left the OEM trans mount. My torn up OEM MM were letting my headers come in contact with the steering shaft. Problem solved. Now.. the problem has returned when making a right hand turn at any speed. Nothing crazy dangerous but its not right.

I have a set of RC51 solid MM sitting on the shelf as a book end. I didn't install them because this is my DD and i dont want annoying vibrations and shuddering. I haven't read any real positive or neg. reviews on them but heard that they were "harsh" so I just held on to them..

So anyone have any experience on any chassis with using 1 solid mount and 1 poly mount?
Old 11-04-2011, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't do it. There would be a lot of force put on the one solid mount which could cause a failure on that side... I would just run the new umi mounts and not worry about it again (I have a set in my garage hopefully vibes are liveable)
Old 11-05-2011, 08:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think that would work out too well. One side gives and the other wouldn't. I could see you breaking a solid mount.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the advice guys.. should be installing the RC51s mid December..