Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VinATL
Since I promised pics when I was done... I'm done. I might change the way the boot sits just a hair, but here she is.

The boot is a Redline boot with tan stitching. The **** is a TWM Performance Piston **** with my 'holy crap that's cold' o-ring mod. Makes a world of difference. You can call that the VinATL mod.

The bezel is 4 coats of Plastidip. I scraped off the rubber coating of crap, and wet sanded it. Came out well. The little tiny spec is painters tape that didn't come off, which I just noticed.
Really like the plastidip coating. I just wish I could find a new bezel with intact tabs.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your plastidip skills exceed mine clearly... never thought of wetsanding..the whole setup looks pimp vin
Old 02-13-2012, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LAYGO
Really like the plastidip coating. I just wish I could find a new bezel with intact tabs.
i have reglued my tabs on at least 4 times. first few times i used regular super glue. last time i used gorilla glue which almost adds material and it seems stronger now then stock. did you loose the tabs?
im pretty sure you have to buy the whole Assembly-- framaldahide shiftboot, **** & bezzle..dat sucks
Old 02-13-2012, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
i have reglued my tabs on at least 4 times. first few times i used regular super glue. last time i used gorilla glue which almost adds material and it seems stronger now then stock. did you loose the tabs?
im pretty sure you have to buy the whole Assembly-- framaldahide shiftboot, **** & bezzle..dat sucks
Gone. Yea, I don't want the whole assembly. If someone wants the boot/**** & wants to split it, I could do that.

Quick Reply: GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!