Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Anyone have a clip of a cammed V with headers, no cats, 3" B&B??

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
As good as those sound... I'm not so sure I could swallow the words... "yeah, my caddy has flowmasters on it..." when someone would ask. Lol
Just do what I do with my headers. If any old bonehead asks, I tell them Kooks, not OBX. If a pistonhead asks, different story...
Old 07-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

say "custom" catback. Covers all bases.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the next CnC meet and I'll let you hear my stainless works setup
Old 07-18-2012, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

That is my exact setup. I am running B&B 1 3/4 LT's, 3" catless X pipe, & 3" catback with DMH cutouts in the catback. I love the sound, but I will tell you this, in certain low RPM ranges the drone is the worst drone I've ever heard in any car I've owned or rode in. Almost migraine inducing LOL... BUT once you get above that range it's not loud in the car at all. On the other side of the coin, it's the best sounding car I've ever owned & it gets compliments & turns heads daily LOL. I have a clip on Youtube, but after about 10 seconds of idling & 1 rev, I open the cutouts up. Video really doesn't do the sound much justice though, it sounds MUCH better in person. Very deep & bassy with a nice rasp to it.

Here is a clip... I can possibly get some more today with my iPhone if you like?

Last edited by EPIK; 07-18-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm about to experiment with a different muffler on my car. I currently have 1 3/4" pacesetters, no cats, magnaflow x pipe and catback with magnaflow mufflers. I'm gonna cut those mufflers out and put on the stainless magnapacks. I'll get around to that after I get my wheels on!! Thanks dude!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bud... Yeah, I've always known flowmasters to be restricting.

Need mo powa... Do u have any clips by chance? It does have a nice deep tone to it. I've always been a B&B fan but their larger cases mufflers they offer for the V are quiet. Wish they offered the B&B bullets for our cars. I wouldn't think they'd be restrictive though. Prob a straight through design like magnaflow. My corsa mufflers are heavy. Way heavier than I thought they would be.
LOL I am surprised you havent heard his car, it was the deciding factor for me on the blower to buy!!! Sounds like an f14 jet.

Too bad you cant hear the b&b all I hear are bugs and birds getting sucked into that blower fan)
Old 07-18-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DACTARI
Just do what I do with my headers. If any old bonehead asks, I tell them Kooks, not OBX. If a pistonhead asks, different story...
Yeah, i typically say kooks. 99% of folks don't know the difference anyway and it saves explaining. Mine aren't coated so all they see is the nice shiny stainless finish... lol
Old 07-18-2012, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

EPIK... CAR SOUNDS AWESOME!!! Think i may now be a fan of the B&B. The drone scares me a bit though but that would be my exact setup. Headers, catless, x-pipe, cutouts and b&b 3" if i did it. Please get more vids!! Maybe some driving vids and stuff so i can hear a couple different variations of sound. Im going to get a video or two of my corsa soon. Sounds really good and aggressive, just a little higher pitched and different than im used to.

VEMON... Can't wait to see those wheels on your car. You're welcome bud! My *** still hurts from fedex this morning. lol My old car is kooks 1-3/4, catless, magnaflow catback with the small magnapacks installed. Sounds good but not much different than the magnaflows in the catback to be honest. Not to mention they wont fit in stock muffler location because they are a tad too long. I had to straight pipe the muffler location and install the magnapacks behind the x-pipe under the car. Still sounds nice... but i wouldn't bother changing it. Not worth the money for the tiny difference they made but they do sound nice. Magnaflow does sell some race mufflers though that are much shorter (4" length and 6" length that come in 4" and 6" diameter). Those would obviously be much louder than the standard magnaflows. I've heard them. They sound nasty but a little raspy for my taste...

Kl2onik... Good lord that thing just sounds like a jet plane. No exhaust note to it over that whine... lol
Old 07-18-2012, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
Holy **** that sounds badass!!!
LOL... Too Flowmastery for me. Does sound pretty good though
Old 07-18-2012, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

EPIK... CAR SOUNDS AWESOME!!! Think i may now be a fan of the B&B. The drone scares me a bit though but that would be my exact setup. Headers, catless, x-pipe, cutouts and b&b 3" if i did it. Please get more vids!! Maybe some driving vids and stuff so i can hear a couple different variations of sound. Im going to get a video or two of my corsa soon. Sounds really good and aggressive, just a little higher pitched and different than im used to.

VEMON... Can't wait to see those wheels on your car. You're welcome bud! My *** still hurts from fedex this morning. lol My old car is kooks 1-3/4, catless, magnaflow catback with the small magnapacks installed. Sounds good but not much different than the magnaflows in the catback to be honest. Not to mention they wont fit in stock muffler location because they are a tad too long. I had to straight pipe the muffler location and install the magnapacks behind the x-pipe under the car. Still sounds nice... but i wouldn't bother changing it. Not worth the money for the tiny difference they made but they do sound nice. Magnaflow does sell some race mufflers though that are much shorter (4" length and 6" length that come in 4" and 6" diameter). Those would obviously be much louder than the standard magnaflows. I've heard them. They sound nasty but a little raspy for my taste...

Kl2onik... Good lord that thing just sounds like a jet plane. No exhaust note to it over that whine... lol
Thanks bro. I will try to get a couple vids today.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by EPIK
Thanks bro. I will try to get a couple vids today.
SWEET!! Thanks a bunch bro! Got a lead on a 3" B&B local here at the moment to add to my current exhaust collection. LOL! Got a complete magnaflow catback in the garage, corsa on the car and it looks like ill be picking up this B&B if im impressed with your vids! lol Already loving that first one.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

SWEET!! Thanks a bunch bro! Got a lead on a 3" B&B local here at the moment to add to my current exhaust collection. LOL! Got a complete magnaflow catback in the garage, corsa on the car and it looks like ill be picking up this B&B if im impressed with your vids! lol Already loving that first one.
I have only heard the Magnaflow in person. Although I do like how much quieter they are in the car compared to my B&B, on the outside, the B&B takes the cake! I do have these vids for the meantime, although they probably won't help much LOL

The in car Vid was shot with the windows down & I can't remember if that was with the cutouts cracked open or not? The dyno vid is with the cutouts completely closed

Old 07-18-2012, 05:43 PM
TECH Veteran

The magnaflow does sound nice. I had it on my old car. Not too incredibly loud inside but sounds good outside the car for sure. Has that deeper tone thats comparable to the B&B. The corsa is almost silent inside the car and loud outside but doesn't have that really deep tone to it that i'm used to. Only major bonus to the corsa is the no drone. That is very nice after driving around in a drone zone with no mufflers. lol But i think i can handle a little in the car. I don't mind hearing my exhaust a bit while driving.

Im pretty sure that first vid would be cutouts open cause its LOUD! lol The second vid sound nice though. The B&B has a really nice tone to it. Its not as loud in comparison to either the magnaflow and the corsa when u compare them all catless with headers but it sounds nice and throaty. Im just in love with the fact that its 3" and has those sexy 4.25" tips. If it wasnt for that, i don't think i'd be as attracted to it. lol
Old 07-18-2012, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

The magnaflow does sound nice. I had it on my old car. Not too incredibly loud inside but sounds good outside the car for sure. Has that deeper tone thats comparable to the B&B. The corsa is almost silent inside the car and loud outside but doesn't have that really deep tone to it that i'm used to. Only major bonus to the corsa is the no drone. That is very nice after driving around in a drone zone with no mufflers. lol But i think i can handle a little in the car. I don't mind hearing my exhaust a bit while driving.

Im pretty sure that first vid would be cutouts open cause its LOUD! lol The second vid sound nice though. The B&B has a really nice tone to it. Its not as loud in comparison to either the magnaflow and the corsa when u compare them all catless with headers but it sounds nice and throaty. Im just in love with the fact that its 3" and has those sexy 4.25" tips. If it wasnt for that, i don't think i'd be as attracted to it. lol
Well, B&B exhaust is VERY loud, but also, that vid was recorded with my old LG droid camera phone which always made the exhaust sound louder than it was. My iPhone however doesn't pickup the exhaust sound very well on camera until the cutouts are open.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Well, B&B exhaust is VERY loud, but also, that vid was recorded with my old LG droid camera phone which always made the exhaust sound louder than it was. My iPhone however doesn't pickup the exhaust sound very well on camera until the cutouts are open.
Hmm... Maybe its just the difference between phones then since you were inside the car. My iphone seems to pick up my exhaust notes well when i've used it to record my car at idle and revs.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL... Too Flowmastery for me. Does sound pretty good though
Why the hate on flowmaster? Seriously, I'm new to this. I hear they're restrictive? But isn't that the whole cat-back, or is just the muffler restrictive too?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Why the hate on flowmaster? Seriously, I'm new to this. I hear they're restrictive? But isn't that the whole cat-back, or is just the muffler restrictive too?
Not hating on them, they just have a certain sound that always sounds the same no matter what V8 engine they are on. It's definitely a classic sound, but I prefer something different on my Cadi.

Not sure how restrictive they are in comparison to other mufflers though?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Hmm... Maybe its just the difference between phones then since you were inside the car. My iphone seems to pick up my exhaust notes well when i've used it to record my car at idle and revs.
I've never used my iPhone to record in car vids yet. I will definitely get one today though
Old 07-18-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Flowmasters sound like you slapped a couple of gigantic beer bottles on the ends of the exhaust pipes and called it a day.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Flowmasters sound like you slapped a couple of gigantic beer bottles on the ends of the exhaust pipes and called it a day.
Lol! Not the metaphor i would have used but close enough.

Flowmaster mufflers in general are restrictive and he's right, they do sound pretty much the same on any v8 you put them on. A very generic and common sound but yes, they do sound good. I just consider them the cheaper option of the bunch out there. They aren't stainless and the casings really look basic being painted black or grey. Nothing fancy. So... For that reason, i'd rather have something a little nicer up under the *** end of my V since they're visible.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a clip of a cammed V with headers, no cats, 3" B&B??