Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

So....I Got a Delivery Today.........

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you using to tune?
Old 09-23-2012, 06:02 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by psychobillycaddy
What are you using to tune?
I have HP Tuners complete with wideband.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is awesome DMM, keep up the good work. Love to see a plan come together
Old 09-24-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

niccceee... When i get the cash i will prob be following this route. so much more potential than a 112..

Last edited by shadyLS6; 09-24-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:19 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys! I leave in a few hours and won't be able to get hands on this project until the first week of November. But, I will have a mountain of parts waiting for me!

I am probably going to have a rear kit waiting as well. I'd like to get the V2 engine mounts installed and tested before I get to the E-Force install...don't think its going to happen though!

Between the Caddy, the Buick, the Vette, and the quads I'll be wrenching through January 1 hahahaha.

Anyhow, hopefully someone can make these available to the masses in the near future.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Nice. I need to read all this later. If I cant sell my car im going to be looking to boost it.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DMM
It does have the correct offset for our cars (C6/G8 offset) with the Camaro/G8 snout. I got mine from a former sponsor that is now banned, so I cannot mention him by name. I will say that there is a better way to go esp since I didn't think I would actually get this thing...hell, the guy dropped off the face of the earth for the last 20 days until today at noon...and it was shipped on the 13th.

Yes, it will work on the LS2...actually, better than the LS6 b/c the LS6 guys have to buy the LS2 Throttle Body. Now that I am looking through the box again...I don't see the valley cover included, so you may need that as well. It looks like there is more room under this manifold assemble then there is with the 112 Maggie.
So will us LS6 guys require a LS2 throttle body for this?
Old 09-24-2012, 05:00 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Onefast V
So will us LS6 guys require a LS2 throttle body for this?
Yes. No way around it.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Aren't you supposed to be on a plane going somewhere?...lol
Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

So...an update. I have been looking into things, such as what HEX pump the V2 guys are going with now as an upgrade, and have ordered a few more parts. Here is what I have so far....

Frozenboost.com - Type 101 (27x7x3.5) Heat Exchanger
A few other misc stuff brought the total to $235.00 with shipping.
http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...e46bde89276441

After following the lead from the V2 guys, I picked up this pump for $171.00 shipped:
http://www.imarineinc.com/collection...mps-50840-0012

Also got this expansion tank for $45.00 shipped:
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/speedw...tank,1840.html

I took my time shopping around to find what I was looking for. The Jabsco pump usually goes for $250+ (and one poor sucka paid over $500 on Ebay) so I thought I would share. Other than a few odds/ends, this is everything I need for the HEX system for well under $500!
Old 10-18-2012, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The bosch pump used on the 03/04 cobras would have been a good fit too, and much cheaper.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DMM
So...an update. I have been looking into things, such as what HEX pump the V2 guys are going with now as an upgrade, and have ordered a few more parts. Here is what I have so far....

Frozenboost.com - Type 101 (27x7x3.5) Heat Exchanger
A few other misc stuff brought the total to $235.00 with shipping.
http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...e46bde89276441

After following the lead from the V2 guys, I picked up this pump for $171.00 shipped:
http://www.imarineinc.com/collection...mps-50840-0012

Also got this expansion tank for $45.00 shipped:
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/speedw...tank,1840.html

I took my time shopping around to find what I was looking for. The Jabsco pump usually goes for $250+ (and one poor sucka paid over $500 on Ebay) so I thought I would share. Other than a few odds/ends, this is everything I need for the HEX system for well under $500!
What are you mounting plans for the expansion tank and intercooler?
Old 10-18-2012, 06:52 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by killernoodle
The bosch pump used on the 03/04 cobras would have been a good fit too, and much cheaper.
Yes..it certainly would have, although it has a much lower rating. The Bosch is rated at 317 GPH, where the Jabsco is rated at 29.7 GPM...so there is a huge difference in the performance here. Besides, the Jabsco piece is only $50 more than a "Legit" Bosch pump, so it was a no brainer for me. Don't get me wrong, the Bosch is a super reliable piece (it comes with the Maggie kits and every OEM liquid intercooled system there is) and if I had one laying around or was given one...that's what I'd be using!

Here is a link to the Bosch pump for comparison against the Jabsco listed above, in case anyone is interested:
http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...4254fef65d155f

Originally Posted by Onefast V
What are you mounting plans for the expansion tank and intercooler?
My plan is to have the 27" wide/7" tall/ 3.5" deep HEX mounted just behind the lower grille...just as a Pro-Charger or turbo intercooler would be. There will be no hiding this. The lower port of the HEX will feed the intercooler the supply and will be piped from the HEX up, adjacent to the driver side headlamp, and through the factory opening (just as the Maggie is fed).

The difference will be on the return side. With the Maggie kit, the hose is routed on the passenger side of the radiator...even though there is not sufficient clearance, so the hose is pinched off somewhat. I will be running the return line on the drivers side as well, to the inside of the supply line, where the expansion tank will reside adjacent to the condenser (mounted vertically). This is why I was specifically looking for a smaller diameter tank.

The pump will be mounted directly under the expansion tank (actually, its purpose is that of a reservoir) as these pumps MUST be gravity fed. The pump will in turn feed the top port of the HEX.

As I said before, I will be using aluminum tubing vice heater hose, and it will be insulated so that it does not have the heat gain associated with running an uninsulated line through the engine compartment. A little more PITA...but a small step to maintain the efficiency of the system.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

cant wait to see this finished. i'm gona have to come check it out once its finished. should be sweet!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 AM
FormerVendor

CTS-V Guys, Help me out here because Id like to try to get some of this E-Force stuff going; What offset is the drive assembly for a CTS-V? by that, does it stick off the motor the same as a Corvette, Camaro/G8, Truck? Im going to try to do some investigation. Please post here or pm what application would be closest and what you would be able to work with in a kit. Thanks, Mike
Old 10-28-2012, 11:06 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeFSKSpeed
CTS-V Guys, Help me out here because Id like to try to get some of this E-Force stuff going; What offset is the drive assembly for a CTS-V? by that, does it stick off the motor the same as a Corvette, Camaro/G8, Truck? Im going to try to do some investigation. Please post here or pm what application would be closest and what you would be able to work with in a kit. Thanks, Mike
If you go back and look at the first page, I posted the Edelbrock PN's from the build sheet in POST# 7 (took pictures with my phone and posted them). My understanding is that it is a C6 Corvette LS2 (cathedral head) assembly with the Camaro/G8 inlet snout installed. To better answer your question, the drive belt spacing is the same as the Corvette/G8.

If an '06-'07 V owner wanted to get L92, Ls3, LSA heads, the Camaro/G8 unit would be a direct install (from what I have heard). I have an '04, so that was not an option for me. The only parts that can be used are the intake/supercharger unit, inlet snout, tensioner assembly, fuel rails, and the fastener kit. All of the vehicle specific items (HEX, hoses, etc) can be easily sourced elsewhere for pretty cheap.

If you have more questions, I get home from UAE the weekend after next and I can give you whatever you need in the form of documentation. PM me your contact info and I will get with you as soon as I get home.

Thank you for working to make this a reality for all of us!

Last edited by DMM; 10-28-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:30 AM
FormerVendor

Was I wrong in thinking that the CTS has the same offset as the 98-02 Camaro/Firebird? Edelbrock has new universal Cathedral Head Kits, one is listed for F-body/GTO. It has the Supercharger, Coil Covers, Drive Pulley, LS2 Style Injectors, fuel rails and an intercooler pump.,what would be needed I presume would be an upgraded fuel system,a tune and a Seperate heat exchanger for the intercooler, which Edelbrock has a selection of.

Ill try to get one of my Edelbrock Tech guys to get me some info and drawings on Tuesday when I'm back in the store.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:15 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

The F-Body/GTO pulley arrangement is spaced much farther away from the motor than the C5/C6/CTS-V/G8, where the pulleys are much closer inward. They are not interchangeable.

The truck pulley is extended even farther out than the F-Body/GTO setup.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

Sorry to sound clueless, Would an LS2 C6 style "universal" kit work? The blower would have a C5/C6 offset.

Thanks! Mike

Quick Reply: So....I Got a Delivery Today.........