Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

FAST 102 Port Matching

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST 102 Port Matching

I'm finally getting around to installing my FAST 102, last night with the intake taken apart and the plenums removed I placed the lower section of the intake on my heads to see how the ports were matched on my PRC CNC 2.5 heads and noticed the ports are off by a lot, mostly likely because of the porting on the heads. I’m having a hard time deciding if I should do some light porting before I install for a better port match. Part of me see’s the potential gains and can’t just bolt it on knowing there is so much room for improvement, but I don’t want to screw with the velocity or risk ruining the intake and I don’t want to pay for a professional port job since I will be selling the car in the fall.

Unlike the LS6 intake I took off the FAST comes apart making it easy to determine the port match needed and easy to access each individual runner. The runners are also well designed for funneling the air in a way that allows for light porting at the bottom while still retaining the smaller opening and maintaining the velocity throughout the runner. I would only have to clean up just an inch or so up into the runner to better match the ports, but if I’m looking at a 4-5 hp gain, it’s probably not worth it.

Just wanted to hear some opinions, would you touch it or leave it be?
Old 07-02-2013, 07:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Do it. It'll bother you until the end of time if you don't. But don't look to sell the FAST 102 later without taking a substantial price cut.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Post up on the internal engine subforum.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally I wouldnt bother.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Do it. It'll bother you until the end of time if you don't. But don't look to sell the FAST 102 later without taking a substantial price cut.
Amen to that! Probably should do it more for my mental health than any HP gains haha.

Agreed on the resale, a diy port match would hurt the value of the intake badly, but I am going to sell it with the car so shouldn't be an issue.

Originally Posted by DACTARI
Post up on the internal engine subforum.
Good suggestion!

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Personally I wouldnt bother.
Thank you for the feedback, kind of leaning towards that.

Last edited by etcts-v; 07-03-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, Tony Mamo usually pops up in most FAST threads. Though you probably know, the best place to post on cathedral port heads is the gen III subforum: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...rnal-engine-5/

Quick Reply: FAST 102 Port Matching