Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Cgroh89's 2004 CTS-V Progress thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good! Any thoughts on the stuff you bought from the Chemical Guys?
Old 11-05-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

I have liked everything I used so far, with the sealent and butter wet wax on the car the majority of the dirt comes right off with a foam wash.

This past weekend I sealed my dailys windshield with Jetseal 109 and waxed it with butter wet, so with 1k miles a week or so I will definitely start seeing how the products hold up.

I got the majority of everything done to get the motor mounts out today but I do not have a deep well 15mm to get the lower bolts out. That will happen in a few days since I am leaving for work early in the AM for a few days.

Also, having second thoughts about the cam install and waiting to do that until spring. I am at a point it would make sense to toss the springs in, however I do not want to wipe out the stock ls6 cam with the BTR springs, for some reason I feel like I have heard about that before.

Called Tick and left a message to have someone to call me back. I have 7 days of vacation to burn up this year so my other choice is to return the items and take that money and go enjoy myself somewhere.

Going to wait until I see what I think of while I am gone for a few days or if I can come up with somewhere/something todo for a week and get the hell out of dodge for awhile.

Question being, can I install the BTR springs with the stock cam with no ill effects. I will need to take the car up to Chicago and Cincinatti over the holidays, so a cam and possible snow storms might make it a bit interesting. That and I wheel hopped the car pretty bad this weekend and I have some noise starting.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool thread. The powdercoated wheels turned out awesome. Pretty sure I'm going with that color as well, maybe a darker base coat.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

Never heard back about my spring issue reading putting them in so I forged ahead and started putting the car back together, of course if it aint one thing its another. Had a crossed wheel stud. That took more time to dick around with than putting the motor mounts in.

Way to go GM.

Went ahead with my Motor Mount install.

Yikes the driver side was toast.

Passenger side still had some life left in it.

So for the Driver side I put everything together and made some marks as there was no way for my hands to get into tighten the bottom bolt

The passenger side I removed the starter installed it as an assembly here is a picture of a much easier way to install the lower bolt than using a wrench

Also did the Comp Trunion rocker upgrade tonight. Really happy I did because it is no lie that if one of those bearings let go it would trash the motor.

Car is about ready to start, however I only had a standard set of 3/8 allen drives and of course they are metric, karma police right there. Hoping to install the ATI dampner this week but I am not hopeful.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I looked for the e-mail reply I received from BTR but could not find it. Basically asked the same question and was told it was fine. There are a few threads in the main forum about the same question.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:19 PM
TECH Resident

For anyone reading this thinking about getting a V make Revshift bushings your first mod. I wish I would have put these in the week I bought the car. It feels amazing
Old 11-15-2013, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cgroh89, nice car! been a while since I was on the forum..

you are in mem?? I'm out east by the clark tower. shoot me a PM, I'd like to come check out your V.

I've logged many hundreds of mod hell hours and torn every inch apart sans engine internals.., I have a pile of spare parts so if you need anything or help let me know.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:47 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're fine on the springs. Roller cams won't wipe the lobe with stiffer springs like the old flat lifters will. Cam is pretty easy on the V...make sure you get an LS2 timing chain and install an LS4/LSA oil pump while you're in there since they're cheap upgrades.

Great job on the clean up BTW - looks great. Mine needs a little TLC...esp with the head lights.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

No real updates here, traveling for vacation had a wheel bearing go out in Cincy, had that replaced, new rear tires that were wearing weird from the bearings and now the car is sitting in the garage awaiting another wheel bearing as the one I received had a dead spot in it and was hard to turn. Thinking once that is completed I want to try and build a subwoofer box for the Alpine I have laying around in the garage to go on the passenger side of the trunk.

Though, if you need to clean your floormats like I did I recommend to use the Chemical Guys products in this video

I used the Stain Extractor and Fabric Clean products along with a dewalt drill and brush attachment.

Here are the results

Old 01-20-2014, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good. I use shampoo for my floor mats and wash by hand and then hose it all out. Seriously. Suds lift all the crap out of the base. Smells good after too.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Here is my 30 dollar Catch can soluition, its about time that engine cover was good for something! Its nice as well because the unit breaks away from the bracket so you can pull the cover off without doing any lines. Its amazing what you can make from the ole farm and bar. This one is alittle bigger than what I have used on other cars but it works and a quick 5 min trip already shown oil in the feed line.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Also finally got the ATI Balancer on after receiving the wrong hub with the unit. After 6 months of the original purchase ATI made it right and sent me the right hub to install the unit!

Old 03-09-2014, 02:14 PM
TECH Resident

And while you are installing the balancer, just go ahead and order yourself a new radiator. Of course my car was down for another week because of this

Old 03-09-2014, 02:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice, what is that catch can you pieced together?
Old 03-09-2014, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Used one of these bad boys, some 3/8 adapaters good to go! I bought 2 different ones off amazon to try and adapt to this car but returned both without a decent solution I could come up with. I have used these on 2 fbody cars, just not as big as this one.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-heavy...2&blockType=G2
Old 03-09-2014, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great solution... I used a Husky 3/8ths filter on my last car. People try to say they don't work but mine was great.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

I have one of Jose regulators on my compressor in the garage. Or is it a catch can...?
Old 03-09-2014, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

The trick is finding one that is just a filter and not a regulator. You could take out the filter portion and just run steel wool in it as well
Old 03-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Car looks great man! Definitely subscribed for this!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

Damnit Cadillac, this is why we cant have nice things!

Gorrila Glue!!!

Quick Reply: Cgroh89's 2004 CTS-V Progress thread