Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

throttle body hose?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle body hose?

ok so I replaced my oil pump today and while I was putting everything together I found a hose coming off of the bottom of the tb. it caught my eye because the clamps were not at the end of the hose. I have been getting lean codes from time to time since I bought the car it this a vacuum line that need to be somewhere or does in need to be put somewhere.. lol I do not see anywhere that it should go.. any help will be greatly appreciated...
Attached Thumbnails throttle body hose?-img_1120.jpg  
Old 11-22-2013, 02:29 AM
TECH Addict

The two barbs on bottom are for coolant to circulate through the TB. Looks like someone started the TB coolant deleat but didn't finish it. As long as there is no coolant leak your fine. Those don't have anything to do with vacuum.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by raven154
The two barbs on bottom are for coolant to circulate through the TB. Looks like someone started the TB coolant deleat but didn't finish it. As long as there is no coolant leak your fine. Those don't have anything to do with vacuum.
Thanks. I figured that. It was just odd to see a lone from the throttle body going to atmosphere.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:08 AM
Launching!

I know on the lt1 cars we used to do a tb bypass to gain a few free hp but us it the same on these cars? It's not anywhere near freezing where I am
Old 11-24-2013, 06:25 AM
TECH Resident

Just pull the hose. Check the crank and valve cover vent hoses for cracks, if they leak you will see a vacuum leak.

Quick Reply: throttle body hose?