Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Parking Brake/Stability System Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Parking Brake/Stability System Lights

Hello fellow LS1'ers -

Two days ago I got in my car to find the following -

-Service Stability System (TC is indicating "off" , will not turn on)
-Check Brake Fluid
-Parking Brake light that won't go off

I didnt experience heavy steering as some other members reported with similar issues. I am off to top off the brake fluid and check my battery cables. I saw several similar problems, but not with that specific combo of warnings. Anyone encountered this problem? Possible fixes? I will report back if I have any luck. TIA
Old 03-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Teching In

I've got similar condition on my 05, I think I have an ABS lamp and no cruise control. I haven't had a chance to get the car in to have codes read this winter. Seems every time I have availability it's like today (-30c) or there's a foot of snow on the roads here. Mine's been basically parked since the first snowfall here. I'm thinking wheel hub/sensor or parking brake. I've had ABS lamp indicator since a big friend of mine took to the passenger seat so that's likely not related.

Subscribing, interested in hearing what other folks have to contribute.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Launching!

I topped off the brake fluid and detached and reattached the sensor connected to the brake fluid reservoir. My parking brake light immediately worked properly, but my TC off light stayed on with no response from toggling on/off. I took it for a spin and parked it for a while - when I jumped back in the TC was functioning normally.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Low brake fluid makes sense for causing the parking brake light to stay on. Why was your fluid low.

As for the TC, just do a quick search on "service stability system" and you'll see a ton of things can cause it.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

this happened to me and i found a front line leaking. racing brake stainless lines on now with no issues.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Teching In

This typicalls occurs when your fluid drops below the normal level and sets the TC and Emergency Brake light off. I had my right/front brake hose break on me, the pedal was soft and the fluid was extremely low.

Quick Reply: Parking Brake/Stability System Lights