Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Anyone gone from Specter Werkes cradle inserts to CS/Revshift cradle bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Question Anyone gone from Specter Werkes cradle inserts to CS/Revshift cradle bushings?

I've had the Specter Werkes cradle bushing inserts installed for a couple/few years now. I know the Revshift or Creative Steel cradle bushings are a big improvement over the stock cushy bushings, but I'm curious if anyone has gone from OEM + the Delrin SW inserts to the full poly bushings. If so, any comments on changes in NVH and general feel of the rear end?

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2014, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
I've had the Specter Werkes cradle bushing inserts installed for a couple/few years now. I know the Revshift or Creative Steel cradle bushings are a big improvement over the stock cushy bushings, but I'm curious if anyone has gone from OEM + the Delrin SW inserts to the full poly bushings. If so, any comments on changes in NVH and general feel of the rear end?

Thanks!
I have not, but I would like to see your cradle movement! Stick a camera under there and report back!
Old 04-28-2014, 08:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been waiting for Revshift to release the new version of the cradle bushings before I make the switch from the SW inserts.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by VeryWhiteDevil
I have been waiting for Revshift to release the new version of the cradle bushings before I make the switch from the SW inserts.
? I don't think there is a new version of the cradle bushings coming. The only bushings receiving and update are the control arm bushings because they are on a moving part. There is nothing wrong with their cradle bushings.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

54" has a harder version of the cradle bushings not released
Old 04-28-2014, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

they have a new transmission mount coming too
Old 04-28-2014, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

What up with the revised trans mount? I just bought one of their mounts.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are no new cradle bushings coming. Our cradle bushings are perfect. 54inches has a custom set of 75D cradle bushings. We can make them custom for anyone, they are just a phone call away.

Our trans mount insert is great, no changes there either. We are throwing around the idea of releasing a full polyurethane trans mount in the near future.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Revshift
There are no new cradle bushings coming. Our cradle bushings are perfect. 54inches has a custom set of 75D cradle bushings. We can make them custom for anyone, they are just a phone call away.

Our trans mount insert is great, no changes there either. We are throwing around the idea of releasing a full polyurethane trans mount in the near future.

Full mount would be nice.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Revshift

i thought that was the case. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2014, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

sorry, custom cradle bushings....but I clearly stated not released and I am on standby for that full poly trans mount.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AAIIIC

Thanks!
I have the Delrin inserts that junior made awhile back - they've been excellent! I would only change out the Delrin for another set of Delrin if for some reason these wore out...which they haven't.

IIRC the Delrin inserts were exclusive to the 2004-2005 V's. Anyway, I didn't answer your question but that's all I have.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:06 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I still have my specter ones and i wouldnt swap them for any other. Solid are harder on the ride and yes you hear more road noise, but it helps the rear end stay more stable...

Quick Reply: Anyone gone from Specter Werkes cradle inserts to CS/Revshift cradle bushings?