Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Revshift Motor Mounts, Rear Cradle Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Revshift Motor Mounts, Rear Cradle Bushings

This weekend a good friend and I installed revshift motor mounts(80A) transmission insert and rear cradle bushings(95A). Replacing the motor mounts wasn’t too bad except one bolt was stuck and took some persuading to come off. Both motor mounts were shoot and it looked like one had been replaced before. The car is significantly smoother now.
The rear cradle bushing went ok the first one took the longest figuring out exactly what we wanted to do and then the rest didn’t take too long. I ended up doing what everyone else did and cut them out. My suggestions for people remove the middle sleeve and then remove a section of the rubber to the side wall. I cut two slits with the sawzal to the metal sleeve then removed that rubber with my air hammer/chisel. This made it much easier to see what I was cutting. Then I cut it with the metal blade checking it often. I was able to tell when it made it through because the sleeve grabbed the blade. I then used the air hammer and pushed them out. I did all of this with only lowering the subframe a few inches and keeping one side always attached but loosened. I am lucky enough to have a lift so it also helped with room and I was able to cut from the bottom.
Now for NVH I have a UUC diff bushing which added to my diff whine on my 4th gen rear end but I could live with it, but now with the cradle bushings it is even worse. It is actually loud now just coasting in neutral. Is there some where I can put sound deadening material to cut back on the noise? Any other suggestions? Other than the noise it feels more planted. Haven’t tried a burnout to see if the wheel hop is reduced.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dynamat will help some. I've done the entire trunk and rear seat area with it. The area directly beneath the rear seat I put a 1/4" deadening pad Dynamat also makes.

Can still hear the whine though. With the spectre werks cradle inserts it was so bad I removed them. That is what makes me wary of all the new poly cradle bushings but I'll probably end up doing it soon anyway.

Also have UUC diff mount but it is very similar to the other popular diff mounts out now...

Quick Reply: Revshift Motor Mounts, Rear Cradle Bushings