Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Southern California V Owners Mulholland Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southern California V Owners Mulholland Cruise

I have been organizing a little meet and greet for the SoCal V Owners. So, come on out to meet fellow V owners from all over the LA/SoCal areas. Also, feel free to invite a friend who does not own a V for a day on great cars on some canyon roads. Followed by some good grub and drinks at the end. I will bring my camera to take pictures for everyone, and post them after I have a chance to edit them. We will discuss the possibility of a midpoint stopping area for a group photo in the mountains before we start the cruise. I will be sure to print off copies of the directions for everyone.

Saturday May 10th, 2014. Meeting at 09:00am, and heading out around 09:30am.
Meeting at Gateway Plaza in Woodland Hills - 21929 Ventura Blvd
Ending at Neptune’s Net in Malibu - 42505 Pacific Coast Hwy

Route Directions:
South on CA-27 (Topanga Canyon Blvd) for ~8 miles
Right on Old Topanga Canyon Rd for ~6 miles
Left on Mulholland Highway for ~13 miles
Right on Sierra Creek Rd for ~0.5 miles
Left on Kanan Rd for ~3 miles
Right on Mulholland Highway for ~1 mile
Keep Straight on Encinal Canyon Rd for ~3.5 miles
Right on Lechusa for ~0.1 mile
Left on CA-23 (Decker Rd) for ~4 miles
Right on to CA-1 (PCH) for ~4 miles
Neptune’s Net on the right.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And yes, I have not been on the forum for the better part of 2 months now. Decided it was time to show myself again.

Main reason I have been missing from the boards, as some of you may know/remember, is I popped the engine in my 2010. What exactly happen, I am not really sure. But I am pretty sure I have blown the rear main and detonated the #8 piston. Cause of this is a combination, at least what I think, several things coming together to give me a bad day/weekend. Weekend, because 2 days prior a guy decided it would be fun to roll a stop sign and plow into my daily (totaling it). So, going from 2 cars to none is the span of literally 51 hours made for a sour taste.

All over that now, and start the process (some what slow process) of saving for a fully forged LSX rebuild, big cam, some porting work, more cooling mods, and maybe (if I feel froggy and have enough saved) a progressive shot. Right now, my goal is to have the car in for rebuild around Winter 2015/16. I did have to take a pay cut of $400 a month to move to California, and increased my cost of living by $400 to $600 a month (basically a $800-$1,000 a month pay swing). Hopefully I can score a deployment around then to help fun a bigger and badder build.

Quick Reply: Southern California V Owners Mulholland Cruise