Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My road rage incident today in the V

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My road rage incident today in the V

My wife and I were on our way home from a walk at the lake with our puppy. We came to a 4 way intersection with stop signs at all four points. I was north east on Atwater to turn left onto Ogden. I stopped was making my left when a guy in a 2003-2008 Pilot did a rolling stop to my right and went straight through on Ogden East to West by the elementary school in the map. I had to back off half way through my turn. He looked over at me and was on his phone and brake checked me. I was way behind and didn't even need to touch my brakes.

My road rage incident today in the V-yi6z86i.jpg

I pipped the horn like WTF was that for, you cut me off. He then slammed on his brakes and jumped out and approached us. He starts yelling WTF am I doing. I said a complete stop and trying to carry on. I told him to get a move on or we will be contacting the police. He then said he would call the police and just tell them some story that I was raging on them. I took a pic of his car and him. He then, while still yelling, apologized for cutting me off that his daughter was having a crisis at home and was upset. He said he's married too after seeing my wedding band. I asked if his wife and other child were in the car. He said yes. I said what the hell are you doing on your phone, smoking, road raging and brake checking with your family with you.

I told him he will be hearing from the police. And he said I'll be hearing the same and would tell them a different story. Here is the pic I took. If there was an emergency at home, he wouldn't have stopped to have it out with me. He would have raced straight home. Even the police agreed when I phoned. And in the pic I am behind him. If I had started it(which I didn't), he could have kept going. But he through on the binders with ABS clattering away and approached me.

See the smoke in one hand the cell in the other while driving with his family. It's illegal to smoke in a car with folks under 16 and to use a phone while driving. He did all of this on a residential street and the police said he lives in the vicinity of the incident :facepalm:

Name:  MSfKjw1.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  494.2 KB

What a complete muppet. He scared the crap out of my wife.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Launching!

you should have shot him. If you "feared" for your life I mean
Old 05-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TeamSorad
Exactly!
Old 05-17-2014, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeamSorad

yeah people should be carefull about road raging nowdays... many people carry firearms
Old 05-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Not so much of a problem here in Ontario. But some people still do carry firearms, though it's illegal.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Put some distance between them and you, put the gun on the front seat, roll the passenger window down, hit a gas station, swipe your card and let the pump start doing its thing...Keep the hose between them and you, park tight to the pump so you're hard to approach and by the time things go south, the pump will hopefully be on and that's about all it takes to freak most people out. If it isn't, you have backup.

More importantly, you'll be on camera as "the guy who pulled up for gas" if things get ugly.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Your a better guy than me, nobody is gonna **** with me with my wife and son with me.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

If my wife and kid were with me I would have beat his head in
Old 05-17-2014, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

That's why I carry my XDs .45 on me at all time. You never know when you might run into some crazy dingbat.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
Smart decision.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rennat_2006
Your a better guy than me, nobody is gonna **** with me with my wife and son with me.
Everyone's a hard *** when they're not in the situation...

OP: Sorry to hear about your misfortune, hopefully the police put a good scare into him.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i recently had to take a defensive driving course for court due to a speeding ticket... they said you should cower down to people in that situation... but i guess there are people who would take things and escalate the situation unnecessarily
Old 05-17-2014, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jerrad

Everyone's a hard *** when they're not in the situation...

OP: Sorry to hear about your misfortune, hopefully the police put a good scare into him.
Some dude comes at my car like that, its on. I've been in this situation before.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Some dude comes at my car like that, its on. I've been in this situation before.
Hah. Ya on the news people are stupid and continuing to be stupid with them is not the best choice. Imo

Good work OP, be a good role model instead oof playing the role of daddy getting arrested.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Becker
Hah. Ya on the news people are stupid and continuing to be stupid with them is not the best choice. Imo

Good work OP, be a good role model instead oof playing the role of daddy getting arrested.
If I had gotten out of the car, it would have made me no better than him. And it's not like I can't handle myself. I'm a pipeliner for crying out loud lol
Old 05-17-2014, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is true. But you don't know what that asshat has shoved up his corn hole. I don't want him to close distance too much and have him close to my family. People in California are ridiculous. A few years ago some woman was waving a .44 mag at people while road raging. I don't want them any closer to my family than is absolutely necessary.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I totally agree if you couldn't tell I can definitely handle myself as well hah.

I would've done the same in your circumstance. I'm sure some disagree which I would expect.

The fact that the f**k got out of his car to confront you on that situation is epic. He had a statement to make. Which was hey I'm a multi Tasker. I can smoke, talk on the phone, not pay attention to driving and be a dumb *** at the same time. I'm sure he has told many of his badassness today!!!
Old 05-17-2014, 10:28 PM
Teching In

That is true. But you don't know what that asshat has shoved up his corn hole. I don't want him to close distance too much and have him close to my family. People in California are ridiculous. A few years ago some woman was waving a .44 mag at people while road raging. I don't want them any closer to my family than is absolutely necessary.
That scares me too. You never know who has a weapon. It very well could have been our time today.

Originally Posted by Becker
I totally agree if you couldn't tell I can definitely handle myself as well hah.

I would've done the same in your circumstance. I'm sure some disagree which I would expect.

The fact that the f**k got out of his car to confront you on that situation is epic. He had a statement to make. Which was hey I'm a multi Tasker. I can smoke, talk on the phone, not pay attention to driving and be a dumb *** at the same time. I'm sure he has told many of his badassness today!!!
LOL, sig worthy reply my good man
Old 05-17-2014, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

Wow. I had a nice incident today too. I turn onto a normally busy street. My side was empty, but the other side was bumper to bumper traffic about 10+ cars long. I'm driving along when suddenly I see something out the corner of my eye, and next thing I know, my mirror whips into the driver window, and the glass on the mirror breaks and its hanging by 2 wires. I pull over confused as **** and get out the car and walk a few feet to where it happened and I'm looking around like... wtf or who the **** did I hit?

I find the girl, who hadn't been paying attention, ran between two cars across the street, and RIGHT into my car. The witnesses there were telling her why she didn't look. I asked if she was OK, and then I asked the same thing. I told her she has to be careful because had it been a second earlier, she would have ended up on the hood of the car doing that. All the witnesses agreed that I wasn't in the wrong and after making sure she was OK, I left.

Just purchased a new glass on ebay for just under $17... My car is dirty from all the rain we've had in NYC, and you can see a hand print, and the body marks in the dust.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Quick Reply: My road rage incident today in the V