Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

This Damn E67 ECU; alternatives, more tuning options etc...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This Damn E67 ECU; alternatives, more tuning options etc...

So, bringing back the topic of getting this damn E67 ECU and some real tuning parameters for higher boost levels... Bill at HPtuners has all but refused to do anything for a OS upgrade for us V owners. I urge everyone on here to write him (bill@hptuners.com) and ask for a E67 3bar OS upgrade. Sooner or later this may effect you as it is severely hurting me right now. My tuner is not comfortable tuning mine with the power levels its capable of with out the parameters this offers and no RTT either.

I am looking into a rumor that some TBSS e67's have 3bar os' and if they can be swapped to the V, anyone know?

Also rumor that EFI Live may have an Ethanol specific setup for E67's again, anyone know?

And lastly, what about swapping the e59 from the 04-05's, and do these have any os upgrades?
Old 06-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Heres a few pics of the new setup since its been awhile:
Attached Thumbnails This Damn E67 ECU; alternatives,  more tuning options etc...-20140613_224411.jpg   This Damn E67 ECU; alternatives,  more tuning options etc...-20140605_130901.jpg  
Old 06-16-2014, 11:28 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does EFI Live offer anything? I know they actually have better custom OS' than HPT does. I'm pretty sure writing Bill will have no effect for a PCM that is almos a decade old, the HPT guys in general are pretty arrogant and/or obtuse so if thy said nothing is coming they would likely hold to that on principle alone.

Sorry man, sometimes it's just easier to find a way around City Hall than going through it.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a Beautiful version of Frankenstein. You can tell that it started out as a V but the thing in those pictures is a monster.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

With a 101mm, 408 and 4l80......why not go standalone? Eliminate a ton of tuning troubles and have a ton of options as far as boost control etc. Big stuff 3, FAST, HolleyEfi to name a few.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DMM
Does EFI Live offer anything? I know they actually have better custom OS' than HPT does. I'm pretty sure writing Bill will have no effect for a PCM that is almos a decade old, the HPT guys in general are pretty arrogant and/or obtuse so if thy said nothing is coming they would likely hold to that on principle alone.

Sorry man, sometimes it's just easier to find a way around City Hall than going through it.
Yeah i agree, just trying to cover all my bases...waiting to find out on the efilive, do you know anything about being able to swap to e59 or tbss e67?
Old 06-17-2014, 12:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by itsslow98
With a 101mm, 408 and 4l80......why not go standalone? Eliminate a ton of tuning troubles and have a ton of options as far as boost control etc. Big stuff 3, FAST, HolleyEfi to name a few.
Didnt have time to get one installed for the event im trying to make in 12 days... Im a fool for not realizing the implications of the restrictions this ecu puts on me until now... Now im in scramble mode fml

But yeah i think a standalone isnt far off....
Old 06-17-2014, 06:24 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by B_ROCKS_IT
Yeah i agree, just trying to cover all my bases...waiting to find out on the efilive, do you know anything about being able to swap to e59 or tbss e67?
An E59 swap won't happen as they use different communication protocols with the rest of the vehicles modules.

Are you just wanting a 3 BAR OS? Doesn't the E67 natively support 2.5 BAR anyhow? You shouldn't need the TBSS PCM, you should be able to load the TBSS OS in your E67 if the cal's are similar. I though the major shortfalls of the E67 was the MAF and injector hard codes in the software. You'll have to scale the injectors for sure, but your current E67 should be good for 21 PSI from what I remember.

Although, at your level I agree it may be time to step up to an aftermarket system. While the high $$ **** isn't bad at all, I would not discount Micro Squirt. You can build it yourself and MS3 had everything including variable (PWM) meth and nitrous control by both RPM and vehicle speed. It's pretty cool. The Buick guys are having a blast with it.

You might also get better responses posting over in the PCM/Tuning section. I'd just leave out the stuff about Bill LOL!

Last edited by DMM; 06-17-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have you checked over on the hptuners forums? My cobalt had a 2 bar map but I was at 27psi on an ethanol tune. How much boost are you trying to run? If you need to talk to a tuner who might be able to help out I can pm you the email of my old tuner. Usually he's happy to help if he has time. Granted these are ancient ecus and stuff but back in the day this was what they had and there were cars cranking out ridiculous power on stock computer equipment. It must be doable... Unless every 800+bho car was using megasquirt... Which they very well might.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HP Tuners does not offer RTT for the 04-05 platform, and as per them, they have no intention in revisiting a 10 year old limited production ECU.

Quick Reply: This Damn E67 ECU; alternatives, more tuning options etc...