Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Truebendz Donut Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Truebendz Donut Gasket

So while trying to fix my leak at the front of my B&B exhaust, I noticed that the body shop must have replaced one of my donut gaskets with a stock one. The ones that came from my highflow cats were much thicker and would actually work without the extra steel gasket that B&B sent. The leak really seems to be on the side between their gasket and the exhaust pipe but I admit it's hard to tell.

Would anyone here know where to get a nice meaty donut gasket like the cats came with? I'm gonna try and call them tomorrow but I haven't seen the cats on their site in a while so I'm not sure how far I'll get with that.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

I don't have any donut gaskets where the cat-back bolts up to cat pipes. It's just a ball-and-socket type joint, pulled together by a flange on either side. Back when my Mustang still had a stock type exhaust on it, it was the same way where the H-pipe bolted to the cat-back - no gaskets of any sort, just that ball-and-socket type joint.

Sounds like the high flow cat pipes you've got must have a different setup than the stock ones?
Old 08-13-2014, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
I don't have any donut gaskets where the cat-back bolts up to cat pipes. It's just a ball-and-socket type joint, pulled together by a flange on either side. Back when my Mustang still had a stock type exhaust on it, it was the same way where the H-pipe bolted to the cat-back - no gaskets of any sort, just that ball-and-socket type joint.

Sounds like the high flow cat pipes you've got must have a different setup than the stock ones?
The stock 'ball and socket' joint is a snap in piece. It looks like a donut gasket to me but it's not really soft. The part number is GM # 12555555. The cats I have just use a thicker 'ball' part. Search that number on eBay and you'll see the part I'm talking about. I know it looks like a permanent part of the pipe, but it's not.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

I knew those popped out on the stock pipes, but in my head that's not a "donut gasket". I think of donut gaskets as one of these fibrous ones like this, where the flanges are held together with spring bolts like so.

Anyway... So are you saying you're looking for something in addition to that piece? Or are you looking for the fibrous type gaskets to sandwich in there?
Old 08-13-2014, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a machinist friend of mine (since passed) make me sets of solid copper gaskets.

Not cheap, but they work.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
I knew those popped out on the stock pipes, but in my head that's not a "donut gasket". I think of donut gaskets as one of these fibrous ones like this, where the flanges are held together with spring bolts like so.

Anyway... So are you saying you're looking for something in addition to that piece? Or are you looking for the fibrous type gaskets to sandwich in there?
Was looking for a replacement but one that's a little thicker like what was on the highflow cats. I emailed mandrel exhaust about it and they stock the ones that came with the cats.

Fwiw, they also said they were going to start making the cat pipes again.

Quick Reply: Truebendz Donut Gasket